4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2014 11:42 AM by bookie56

Selecting more than one object at a time

bookie56 Level 1

Hi guys and girls

I am trying to select more than one object on my artboard and Shift+clicking on the next one isn't working...

I am creating an interactive form in Indesign and realised that I have everything on one layer... I have radio buttons for yes/no questions and I wanted to move them to a new layer for ease of selection and editing...

I have tried selecting one and then Shift+Click on the next but it just moves which one is selected...?

I even tried creating a new layer and dragging them up to the new layer...no Dice?

Has anyone any ideas....Please!

bookie56

P.S. Just realised that the radio buttons are part of the text? Could this be the reason why I can't move them. Doesn't solve the question about selection though

• 1. Re: Selecting more than one object at a time
          AnshulJain19 Adobe Employee

Hi,

Yes they are not moving as they are part of the text. They will remain on same layer on which text frame lies. If you want to move them to a different layer, you will have to move them out of text frame. If they are anchored objects, they can be released from Object->Anchored Object->Release.

Thanks

-Anshul

• 2. Re: Selecting more than one object at a time
            bookie56 Level 1
            Hi AnshulJain19

OK! sort of guessed that....thanks for coming by.

I am still on this form and have created multiline text boxes for two of my text boxes.... have checked the positioning of the boxes - but when I write in the box in Adobe Acrobat the text is quite a long way above the line...this is only happening with the multiline boxes.

Is there a way to export a font colour for the boxes or does this need to be done in Acrobat Reader...?

I have a standard dark background for my page and that needs a White font...when I fill the form in it is black...

bookie56

• 3. Re: Selecting more than one object at a time
              AnshulJain19 Adobe Employee

Hi,

I cannot see multiline text issue at my end, it is working fine, what is your ID version and Acrobat version.

Font color of text inside text field cannot be controlled from InDesign.

Thanks

-Anshul

• 4. Re: Selecting more than one object at a time
                bookie56 Level 1

Hi again!

Ok! ID is 8.0.2 and Acrobat is 11.0.09. I have created the text boxes in Indesign and if I drag the two multiline ones down past the line the should write on - then the text is OK but still suspended in mid air...lol. When I click on the multiline boxes the curser is down past the line a Little...

If I write in the other text boxes the curser is right - but the text is still floating in mid air...

bookie56