4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2014 2:12 AM by JacquesKCT

InDesign CC 2014 World-Ready Paragraph Composer won't work.

JacquesKCT Level 1

IND CC 2014 on Mac OSX 10.9.5

With a document open, I select the World-Ready Paragraph Composer. The Paragraph panel does not reflect this. I'm unable to select right-to-left text direction.

How do i achieve this?

Thx

• 1. Re: InDesign CC 2014 World-Ready Paragraph Composer won't work.
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Did you install a regionalized version that has RTL support?

• 2. Re: InDesign CC 2014 World-Ready Paragraph Composer won't work.
            JacquesKCT Level 1

I dont understand. Are you familiar with indesign CC?

In the paragraph panel, when you click the fly-out menu, you have the option to select between 2 paragraph and 2 line composers. When i check the World-Ready composer, The paragraph panel is supposed to change to reflect this. It should then have buttons to select text direction and control Kashidas.

This does not happen with my copy. It remains the standard paragraph panel.

How do i achieve this?

Thx

• 3. Re: InDesign CC 2014 World-Ready Paragraph Composer won't work.
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

There are multiple versions of InDesign that are configured for different languages -- English and Western European, Oriental  and Middle Eastern languages.

As a CC subscriber you are able to download and install the Hebrew-English or Arabic-English version which include the right-to-left controls that are not exposed in the regular English language versions. In the CC Desktop App click the gear icon to change your language, then the other versions should appear for download.

• 4. Re: InDesign CC 2014 World-Ready Paragraph Composer won't work.
                JacquesKCT Level 1

Peter, don't answer a question with another question. :-)

Had this been your first response it would've been useful. I however manged to sort it out myself after a few hours of googling.

Adobe, you really should make it clear that Indesign CC, and I now assume, all other CC offerings, is not all-inclusive when it comes to its functions.

That any installation relies on your initial language selection to manage its functionality is ridiculous. You should publisize this somewhere.

That there are multiple versions across multiple programs can only serve to confuse your customers. Again, ridiculous.

I had to google a solution for hours and download the program twice to get to the functionality i needed. This might not be an issue there in 'merica, but for your global users who are in costly bandwith areas this is a highly unpleasant and expensive exercise.

Adobe, my migration to CC has been a failure on all fronts.

Congratulations.