6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2014 6:06 PM by A.T. Romano

Download link for Premier Elements 12 doesn't offer English 64 bit

timmyleeturner Level 1

I am in the middle of an import project and my Elements 12 became corrupt because I uninstalled Photoshop Elements 12.  I need to download PE 12 registered, licensed, paid for but the link I found (Download Premiere Elements products | 12, 11, 10) doesn't appear to offer it in English???

Is there somewhere else?

• 1. Re: Download link for Premier Elements 12 doesn't offer English 64 bit
          timmyleeturner Level 1

Ok, I figured it out, not very obvious.  However there are two files and it says 1 of 2 and 2 of two.  One of them is some kind of 7z file which my windows 8 machine don't want to open.  The other oe is a .exe file but I doubt if you should run the 2nd of two files?

• 2. Re: Download link for Premier Elements 12 doesn't offer English 64 bit
            A.T. Romano Level 7

timmyleeturner

What computer operating system is involved? And, did you purchase the Premiere Elements 12 from Adobe direct?

If you purchased from Adobe direct, you should be able to obtain a new set of installation files from the Adobe web site "My Orders".

Have you been there and done that?

When you do that, you need to download two files, the exe (the smaller file, Adobe Download Assistant) and the .7z file (the larger file, the one for the program itself). You need both. The smaller is the Adobe Download Assistant. There may be more than one set of files to select from at Adobe. If you have

Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, you want to make sure that you see "64 bit" somewhere in the title of the file(s) that you are selecting for download.

Once those files are on the computer, follow the instructions if you have not set up for an automatic opening of the 7z file.

If problems, please post again with more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Download link for Premier Elements 12 doesn't offer English 64 bit
              timmyleeturner Level 1

There were 4 software titles and 4 serial numbers for them in my account, but no way to download them.  I finally found the download location by searching Google, not Adobe.  After spending all morning on the process, the 4th download  & installation worked. All because they eliminated Magic Extractor in PE 12, so I downgraded to 10 and hence all the problems after installation.

Anyway, all is back to Normal but what a frustrating experience. I remember the day when companies talked to you.  I'm using Windows 8 BTW, ever since I discovered Classic Shell which turns Windows 8 back to Windows 7.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Download link for Premier Elements 12 doesn't offer English 64 bit
                A.T. Romano Level 7

timmyleeturner

Glad that you sorted everything out. But, where are you now - with Photoshop Elements 12 Premiere Elements 12 or Photoshop Elements 10 Premiere Elements 10? If you are going with Premiere Elements 10, please make sure that your computer is not using a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card.

At Adobe, did you go to My Products instead of My Orders. The My Products area shows that products that you have registered with Adobe (serial numbers there also). The My Orders area shows your individual orders with Adobe. When you click on the specific order, there should have been a set of installation files to download.

But, the major thought and the great news, "all is back to Normal". Great job of staying with the task and succeeding.

Best wishes

ATR

Add On...Never hesitate to ask questions. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance and to expedite matters for you.

• 5. Re: Download link for Premier Elements 12 doesn't offer English 64 bit
                  timmyleeturner Level 1

I'm using Photoshop Elements 10, Premier Elements 12.  Been there with the NVIDIA thing....

• 6. Re: Download link for Premier Elements 12 doesn't offer English 64 bit
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

timmyleeturner

Thanks for the greater news, no Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue.

You realize that you are going to lose the Photoshop Elements Premiere Elements integration perks with

that mixed set. If you have not already, you can convert the Elements Organizer 10 catalog in

Elements Organizer 12 that comes with Premiere Elements 12.

But right now it sounds like you have everything under control.

ATR