1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 11:36 AM by HomeJames

Does AdobeForms have the capability to auto assign unique ID numbers?

Auto Assign Ticket Number

I used AdobeForms for internal requests for website postings.  Is there a way for AdobeForms to auto assign unique ID numbers or ticket numbers to each new request for tracking purposes?

• 1. Re: Does AdobeForms have the capability to auto assign unique ID numbers?
          HomeJames Level 2

Not approved by Adobe - but a method that have worked for me and I have suggested previously in this Forum which have worked for other authors.

Open the View Responses tab ~ move mouse over the letter in the left most column header (i.e.A) - you will see a dropdown arrow appear ~ click on the arrow and choose Insert Column (either before or after - your choice) - now think of the response table as an excel spreadsheet ~ in the first cell (e.g.A1) click in the cell and insert a number of your choice ~ now click in the next cell in the column (i.e. A2) and type =sum(A1+1) and hit Enter / Return. (or increment with whatever value you choose). There you go, all cells in that column will increment by your chosen value, as will subsequent submissions.

Hope that works for you. You may get other answers - good luck