12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 12:00 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash

PsychoTheClown

Every time I import music from iTunes Premiere Elements 12 shuts down. I never had this problem before yesterday afternoon. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
          A.T. Romano Level 7

PTC

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated your 12 to 12.1 Update from an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

As for your immediate problem, iTunes music continues to be problematic in Premiere Elements (any version).

Please convert you iTunes music to .wav version in iTunes and then import the .wav version into your Premiere Elements 12/12.1 project.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT1550

If you need more information on the how to as provided by iTunes, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
            A.T. Romano Level 7

PTC

Thanks for the reply. But there was no message in the reply.

Looking forward to your results when you get the chance.

So please try again to get your message through.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
              PsychoTheClown Level 1

Correction: I was upgrading to 12.1, but now the upgrade has halted because it keeps telling me to close dynamiclinkmanager which, as far as I can determine, is not actually installed on my computer. But it won’t allow me to continue.

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated your 12 to 12.1 Update from an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

Jay Neale III

Designer/Owner, Tribal T's

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
                PsychoTheClown Level 1

Thanks for the reply. But there was no message in the reply.

Seriously, I replied. And there was a message there.

I am running Mac OS X Yosemite. I am attempting to upgrade to Premiere 12.1 but it keeps telling me to turn off dynamiclinkmanager to continue, and I don’t have anything else turned on except my email client.

Please let me know if you can read this.

Jay Neale III

Designer/Owner, Tribal T's

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
                  PsychoTheClown Level 1

As for changing the format of my music files, every fix for that I’ve found points me to an option iTunes doesn’t have. They keep telling me to choose something from the Advanced Menu and that menu is nowhere to be found.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

PSC

There really is no entry in reply 2, so I am glad that you followed up.

If the program is telling you to close the dynamiclinkmanager, then that is what you need to do to continue.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user so me trying to navigating through Mac is a problem. In Windows, I would

go to the Task Manager/Processes and close the dynamiclinkmanager. I know there is a way to do this with a Mac computer.

My dusty recollection on that is to get to the Mac Activity Monitor which is accessed via Applications/Utilities.

What is the file extension on your iTunes music that is a problem in Premiere Elements 12/12.1?

1. Open iTunes to its Music sector

2. File Menu/Add File to Library, followed by browsing to and selecting your problem iTunes music file

Now you have the file in the iTunes Music Library.

3. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and, under the General Tab, click on Import Settings.

4. In the Import Settings dialog, set Import Using to "WAV Encoder". OK your way of that there back to the Music sector.

5. In the Music sector, right click you problem iTunes music, select Create WAV version.

6. Right click the WAV version, select Copy, and then paste the file to wherever you paste file on Mac...for me it would be

the Windows computer desktop.

7. From there, import the WAV version into Premiere Elements with its Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets. From Project

Assets, drag the file to the soundtrack or one of the numbered Audio Tracks.

Please review and consider the above. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
                      PsychoTheClown Level 1

I’ll have to address the rest of this later, but for now…

There is nothing called dynamiclinkmanager in my computer. Anywhere. Period. That said, about 10 minutes after I brought this up the first time the installer just started working again as if it had never stopped. Adobe Premiere Elements has been updated.

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

PSC

Great news.

Not being a Premiere Elements Mac user, I cannot go to my Mac computer and do any proofs of a Mac dynamiclinkmanager with screenshoots.

I would think that if your Premiere Elements Mac was asking you to turn it off, it has to be there some place. We will have to wait for a Mac referee

to answer the question. Any hidden files/folders aspects to this I wonder?

So glad that you have the program running. Great job.

We will be watching for further developments on the iTunes music side of things.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
                          PsychoTheClown Level 1

This worked. No more problems. I don’t understand why I had no problem with importing iTunes music into Premiere before this, though. I’ve been using Premiere Elements for several months and this never came up until this week.

Thank you for your help!!!

Jay

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
                            PsychoTheClown Level 1

I ran a search for it. It doesn’t exist. And the installer did eventually continue without further prompting, and without me turning anything else off.

Everything is running as it should. Thank you very much for all your help!

Jay

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Music Crash
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jay

Thanks for the replies.

Great news that all is working well.

Thank you for exploring the Premiere Elements workflow suggestions.

ATR