3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2014 7:47 PM by A.T. Romano

Audio changes for Menu themes

TKpix

The menu themes in Premiere Elements 12 do not allow a change to the volume on the preset music scores in the Main Menu page; or allow for a change-out to another music choice on the presets for the "Scene Selection" page – how do I do those two things?

The menu theme I selected for my video is SCREAMING loud and prompts the viewer to quickly turn down the volume, but then they have to crank it back up to hear the video.  I converted a VHS tape to a DVD video and then I added photos at the end for a wedding project.  This sound thing is driving me nuts every time I preview it and does the same thing on the DVD when I burn it.

All of the tutorials I've checked, and the manual, show how to alter the pictures, but absolutely nothing about the audio needing to be corrected.  :-(

• 1. Re: Audio changes for Menu themes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TKpix

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Do you have a specific theme in mind that I can use as an example for you?

What you are going to have to do is to go into the computer location where the theme's folders and files are stored, copy the audio file used in the theme to the computer desktop. Import the audio file into Premiere Elements where you can adjust the volume. Export it from Premiere Elements as a wav file (Publish+Share/Computer/Audio). And, then replace the original audio in the theme's folder with the volume edited .wav file in the theme's folder on the hard drive.

We will be watching for details so that we can fine tune the reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Audio changes for Menu themes
            TKpix Level 1

I am using a Windows 7 (Home Premium edition) OS with Service Pack 1; it has a 64 Bit Operating System and 6 Gb RAM

The menu theme I am using is out of the Entertainment group - Art in Motion

I will try your solution, but am a bit intimidated by the depth of  the process and have been known to accidently pull wrong things out of files...     I guess I'm not doing too bad for an old 61 year old, though! 

I think I'll wait to get your "fine-tuned" reply.

• 3. Re: Audio changes for Menu themes
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TKpix

Fine-Tuned....

Premiere Elements 12/12.1

Windows 7 64 bit

Movie Menu: Entertainment/(A) Art-in-Motion

Finding the theme's audio file to lower its volume

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

DVD Templates

All_Lang

Entertainment

(A) Art-in-Motion

and in the (A) Art-in-Motion Folder is the music file that we seek....its name is Artistic Theme Menu_bg_audio.mp3.

Right click the file, select Copy, and paste it to the computer desktop.

Changing the Artistic Theme Menu_bg_audio.mp3 volume in Premiere Elements 12/12.1 (Go with the default project preset)

Expert workspace

Add Media

Files and Folders

Project Assets

from Project Assets drag the music file to the Soundtrack

Select/Highlight the music file in the Soundtrack, go to Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/Volume Panel expanded and use the

volume slider there to adjust the music clip volume.

Then Publish+Share/Computer/Audio with Presets = MP3 - High Quality.

Replacing Original with volume adjusted one

Go back to the (A) Art-in-Motion Folder and move the original Artistic Theme Menu_bg_audio.mp3 from there to a place for

safe keeping, maybe Libraries/Music.

Then move the volume lowered Artistic Theme Menu_bg_audio.mp3 from its save location that you designated at its export

from Premiere Elements to the (A) Art-in-Motion Folder.

Make sure that the name of the music file in the (A) Art-in-Motion Folder is exactly the same before and after all this.

Note: Adobe has set the file name so that this music file applies to both the main menu and the scene menu.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR