2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 3:09 PM by nealP

Problems with signatures and text tools

nealP

When I open forms none of the 'fill and sign' 'comment' tools are available (all grayed out). Others in my office use these forms so it is particular to my software / machine. Any thoughts why these features are turned off / broken. I have completely removed adobe and re installed but it seemed to make little differences. This used to work before my Adobe Pro license expired. Suggestions?

• 1. Re: Problems with signatures and text tools
          IsakTen Level 4

I wonder where you removed Adobe from, stock exchange? Adobe is a company. It produces many products. Which product do you use: Acrobat/Reader? Which version (including minor)? Which platform/OS? When you say "This used to work before my Adobe Pro license expired" do you mean that you installed a trial version and it expired and now you purchased a license (product key)?

When you say "When I open forms none of the 'fill and sign' 'comment' tools are available (all grayed out)" are you opening the same PDFs that you successfully tries before or new PDFs?

If those are new PDFs one reason for this behavior could be that your forms have (visible or invisible) digital signatures. For instance, they have an invisible digital signature if they are Reader-enabled.

• 2. Re: Problems with signatures and text tools
            nealP Level 1

Sorry isakten ... yes I meant Acrobat

Thanks very much for taking the time  ... seems I was the only person in the office using a reader rather than a more substantial package. We appear to be resolved.

Thanks for the assist