3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2007 7:43 AM by Chunick

Compare two images

wgb14 Level 1
      Hi everyone,

I wonder if there is any way to compare particular objects into two images (e.g., their shapes) using Lingo into macromedia director. Please let me know if there is any sample code, xtra, etc that can do that

Many thanks
        • 1. Re: Compare two images
          Chunick Level 3
          you can compare the images directly to see if they are the same:

if image1 = image2 then put "images are the same"

but how exactly do you mean 'shapes'?... I suspect you have a specific effect in mind that you have seen in other programs such as photoshop, so a more exact explanation of what you're looking for would help.
          • 2. Re: Compare two images
            wgb14 Level 1
            OK, what i am trying to do is the following:

I have an application that uses a digital camera. I would like my user to take a picture of an object (e.g., a house) and then the program to automatically compare this picture with those in its database and display some information (in audio or text form). As image comparison is an extremely difficult problem thats why i said to base the whole comparison on shapes only. However, colours or another property of the pbject could be possible.

Any ideas

Many thanks
            • 3. Re: Compare two images
              Chunick Level 3
              in that case, you will probably not be able to do that with Director as it's imaging lingo is inherently slow for such analytical and comparison algorithms of image data. The only solution is to find an Xtra or develop your own based on established algorithms which you might be able to glean from the net - and a good place to start for that is google goups: comp.graphics.algorithms