6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2014 1:17 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier elements 11 keeps stopping

WhiteHouse Norm

My Premiere Elements keeps stopping as soon as I begin a project.  I have re-installed it numerous times but it still stops or asks me to un-install and reinstall.  I have tried to run as Administrator as suggested by a friend but it it is still playing up.  Is there a download to fix it?

• 2. Re: Premier elements 11 keeps stopping
          A.T. Romano Level 7

WhiteHouse Norm

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user. Please do not duplicate a thread. That is confusing to the person who originates the threads as well as those trying to reply. In your case, your first thread has more information in it than the thread in which we are now.

I have installed Premiere Elements 11 from a disc I bought from Amazon.  I keeps asking me to re-install or if it does start stops a few minutes after I start a project.  I have a windows 8.1 PC.  I have tried numerous times to install the program and als

A moderator typically closes or deletes one of such threads.

Since you already have one response in this thread, I will continue here.

Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8.1 64 bit - installation disc from Amazon.

You talk about

I have re-installed it numerous times but it still stops or asks me to un-install and reinstall

By any chance are you getting and trying to deal with "Shared Technology Errors". They are a species onto themselves which

can get you independent of Premiere Elements version and computer operating system. So, if Shared Technology Errors are involved,

we need to know that.

Now that is all on the installation side of things. Apparently one time or other, you have gotten the program installed, and project stopping has been the problem.

When this program stopping started, where were you in the project? Had you imported files into the project yet? If so, what formats? What

was your project preset and what other details of that project can you offer?

But, let us get the usual drill questions out of the way

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Latest version of QuickTime installed?

3. According to Device Manager/Display Adapters, what is your video card/graphics card? And, does your computer use 1 or 2.

Is the driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Let us stop here for the moment. Please review and consider, and then we can plan the troubleshooting strategy.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premier elements 11 keeps stopping
            WhiteHouse Norm Level 1

Thanks for responding.  I don't know what "Shared Technical Errors" means so will need ore help if that is the problem.

I downloaded video from my Panasonic camcorder in AVI format.  The downloaded video plays on another computer in a different version of Premiere.  I set the project to the advanced option as I have been using versions of Premiere since Premiere 6.  Unfortunately my expertise is limited to using programs and not the operating systems of computers so this problem is new to me.

The message I get on trying to open Elements 11 is  "A problem has occurred with the licensing of this product  Error 213:11 contact Customer service".  Then I get "Please log in with an Adobe account to access Adobe Premiere Elements"

The latest version of Quicktime has been installed.

The computer is about a year old so I assume that all drivers up to date.  I has been updated to Windows 8.1 and works on other programs.

As I bought the disc via Amazon I wondered if that was a program problem.  It said on the DVD Case that it was to be sold with computer bundles.

Hope hat you can progress with what

i have added.

Norman

• 4. Re: Premier elements 11 keeps stopping
              A.T. Romano Level 7

WhiteHouse Norm

Thanks for the reply. If you were getting Shared Technology error, the message that you would get would mention it by name.

Confirm what video compression your Panasonic .avi use. If AVCHD (MPEG4 AVC/H.264) video compression be aware that Premiere Elements does not

support AVCHD.avi or H.264.avi. The program supports files with AVCHD and H.264 video compression and files with the .avi file extension, but

it does not support files that use the combination AVCHD.avi.

If you are getting Licensing error messages

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-store-does-not-allow.html

Please explore the above for your 213.11 Error. It was suggested recently by an Adobe Staff person for an Elements 213.11 error situation.

Other suggestions later.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premier elements 11 keeps stopping
                WhiteHouse Norm Level 1

Thanks again.  I've been speaking to Adobe who   say that Premiere Elements 11 has not been tested on Windows 8 so should not have been sold after the Windows 8 launch.  I have asked Adobe to censure Amazon who mis-sold the item which was marked when I received it as not for sale separately and only as a bundle.

I have contacted Amazon telling them this and asked for a refund.

I do feel that Adobe should check up who is selling their products and stop it when the programs clearly do not work with current operating systems and have asked for my -complaint to be moved upwards to someone who can take action.

--- Original Message

• 6. Re: Premier elements 11 keeps stopping
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

WhiteHouse Norm

Thanks for the follow up.

Since its release, I have been using Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 64 bit without problems. Others have as well.

So, I am at a loss to understand that comment that you received from Adobe

I've been speaking to Adobe who   say that Premiere Elements 11 has not been tested on Windows 8 so should not have been sold after the Windows 8 launch.

Premiere Elements 11 works just fine on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 64 bit. I have been there and done that now for several years. Others have as well.

In spite of the fact that you have apparently accepted Adobe's explanation, I would ask "Have you worked through any of the introductory troubleshooting that I suggested?"

Adobe does not extend troubleshooting for other than the latest version/purchased/registered. Premiere Elements latest version is 13. So, it is interesting that Adobe would comment on any of your questions related to Premiere Elements 11. If you had purchased from Adobe direct, you should have been able to request a refund with 30 days of purchase. When you purchase otherwise, then your refund typically comes from the seller of the product and the seller's return policy.

ATR