Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop App can't launch after installing Mac OS Yosemite

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all,

I have just updated my Mac OS to Yosemite. Now Creative Cloud Desktop App doesn't launch and InDesign CC 2014 (10.1.0.71) crashes trying to find the file Roman.txt, which I've replaced it with a TimeMachine copy when it worked under Mavericks.

I trashed caches and preferences, even reinstalled it, but it keeps on not starting up.

The rest of the applications (except for InDesign and the Creative Cloud Desktop app) do work properly.

Any ideas will be welcomed.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Mac migration (or Time Machine) do not work with Cloud program activations

Uninstall... run the Cleaner... Restart your computer... Reinstall

-using the cleaner after uninstalling and before reinstalling may help

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html (and uninstall)

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac migration (or Time Machine) do not work with Cloud program activations

Uninstall... run the Cleaner... Restart your computer... Reinstall

-using the cleaner after uninstalling and before reinstalling may help

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html (and uninstall)

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution to this? I just ran into the same issue this morning. I already reinstalled, ran the cleaner tool, restarted, repaired, etc etc to no avail, I just can't make the desktop application to launch.

Weirdest of all, it runs perfectly on my imac, this problem only happened on my laptop, a Macbook Pro retina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it didn't.

Luckly I have another Mac with Mavericks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, nothing has worked so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this shows as answered, when it isn't? Someone should change it back to not answered so the adobe people know this is still going on.

By the way I've been with their chat services for two days now and we haven't been able to find out what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it has not been answered yet, but I can't mark it as not answered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent about two hours with cust rep form adobe who remoted controlled my screen, after much tweaking the most we could accomplish was to get the app to run while in root user. He suggested that I contact apple and file a bug report telling that the desktop app is having an issue with the permissions of my regular user and it will only run in root user.

When I got back to my regular user I launched console and tried to start pu the desktop app again, right when i click on it, this is what console reports:

11/26/14 9:19:44.991 PM Creative Cloud[487]: objc[487]: Class HTTPHeader is implemented in both /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/utils/AdobePIM.dylib and /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/CoreExt/NotificationManager.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

11/26/14 9:19:44.991 PM Creative Cloud[487]: objc[487]: Class ProxyManager is implemented in both /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/utils/AdobePIM.dylib and /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/CoreExt/NotificationManager.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

11/26/14 9:19:45.113 PM Creative Cloud[487]: Internals of CFAllocator not known; out-of-memory failures via CFAllocator will not result in termination. http://crbug.com/45650

11/26/14 9:19:45.133 PM Creative Cloud[487]: objc[487]: Class HTTPHeader is implemented in both /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/utils/AdobePIM.dylib and /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/ACC/C3ContainerBL.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

11/26/14 9:19:45.133 PM Creative Cloud[487]: objc[487]: Class ProxyManager is implemented in both /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/utils/AdobePIM.dylib and /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/ACC/C3ContainerBL.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

11/26/14 9:19:45.416 PM Creative Cloud[487]: objc[487]: Class HTTPHeader is implemented in both /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/utils/AdobePIM.dylib and /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/HomePanel/HomePanelBL.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

11/26/14 9:19:45.416 PM Creative Cloud[487]: objc[487]: Class ProxyManager is implemented in both /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/utils/AdobePIM.dylib and /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/HomePanel/HomePanelBL.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

11/26/14 9:19:45.982 PM Core Sync[488]: Can't open input server /Users/david/Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports

11/26/14 9:19:45.990 PM Core Sync[488]: Can't open input server /Users/david/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle

11/26/14 9:19:45.998 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.user.502) Service "com.apple.xpc.launchd.unmanaged.Core Sync.488" tried to hijack endpoint "Adobe-Hub-App" from owner: com.apple.xpc.launchd.unmanaged.Core Sync.409

11/26/14 9:19:46.229 PM Creative Cloud[487]: Can't open input server /Users/david/Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports

11/26/14 9:19:46.262 PM Creative Cloud[487]: Can't open input server /Users/david/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle

11/26/14 9:19:46.310 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.ReportCrash[489]) Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.ReportCrash

11/26/14 9:19:46.619 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.adobe.acc.AdobeCreativeCloud.128116[487]) Service exited due to signal: Segmentation fault: 11

11/26/14 9:19:46.665 PM ReportCrash[489]: Saved crash report for Creative Cloud[487] version 1.8.1.451 (???) to /Users/david/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Creative Cloud_2014-11-26-211946_MB-Pro-29.crash

As you can see there's a crash report which is huge and I can't post in here, but if anyone knows how to read those it may help pin point this issue, I can email the report if needed.

Best,

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m on my third day working with Adobe and Apple and no one can get this resolved, they are now talking about wiping the machine clean, this has been a nightmare. I was hoping to do some photoshop and lightroom now I just hope someday to get my apps back.

Duane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines