7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2014 5:57 AM by A.T. Romano

Menu Markers

Michael Stehly Level 1

I have several sports video clips.  I am using one of the Menus.  No matter which one of the Menu Markers I use, when the first video plays, it will not go back to the Main Menu.

• 1. Re: Menu Markers
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Stehly

Please describe your situation in this instance....

a. What is involved - DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

b. Have you placed stop markers on the Timeline at the end of each video except the last one?

c. Are you using a main menu page and scene menu page setup or just a main menu page setup for the project?

Which specific theme are you using although I do not believe the theme itself is the issue?

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Menu Markers
            Michael Stehly Level 1

I am using the Main Menu Page and the Scene Menu Page Setup.  When I place the Stop Markers, each scene menu is deleted.

• 3. Re: Menu Markers
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Stehly

Please remind me

DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc

AVCHD format on DVD disc

Blu-ray disc format on DVD disc

It is going to matter. Stop markers do not function in the playback of Premiere Elements (any version) AVCHD on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

It is only for Premiere Elements DVD-VIDEO on DVD where stop markers work at playback time.

This type of situation forces the AVCHD and Blu-ray people to take their Timeline to a file which can be taken into some 3rd party software for menus which support the stop marker/stop maker like function.

Not clear to me when you wrote

When I place the Stop Markers, each scene menu is deleted. 

Just in case note, no more than 1 marker can occupy a given spot on the Timeline...and, if stop marker and scene marker are too close, that can spell trouble.

Please review the above and then let me know if I have targeted what you seek or whether I am still circling the core of the question.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Menu Markers
                Michael Stehly Level 1

I am creating a DVD-Video on a DVD Disc.  Premiere Elements automatically places a Scene Marker in front of all four video clips.  I then burn the DVD.  When I load the DVD into the player, the Main Menu appears.  It gives me two choices:  Play Movie and Scene Selection.  Play Movie plays all four Scenes without going back to the Main Menu until it plays the last clip.  When I select Scene Selection, all four video clips appear individually in the Scene Menu.  However, when select a clip to play, it plays all the clips after it.  It does not return to the Main Menu.

• 5. Re: Menu Markers
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Stehly

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Although Premiere Elements is automatically placing a scene marker at the beginning of each of your four clips, are you confirming that you are placing

a stop marker (red marker) at the end of clips 1, 2, 3, but not 4? A stop marker at the end of 4 is not needed and often causes problems during the burn to.

At the end of clip 1 you will have a stop marker.

Right next to that stop marker is the beginning of clip 2 which starts with a scene marker.

Leave a little space (few frames) between the stop marker at the end of clip 1 and the scene marker at the beginning of clip 2

and same continuing on....

I will be watching for your results later in the morning.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Menu Markers
                    Michael Stehly Level 1

Your suggestion of placing the Stop Marker worked.  Thank you

• 7. Re: Menu Markers
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Stehly

Thanks for the follow up with good news "....worked."

As always, best wishes

ATR