• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple language workflow

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several projects in RoboHelp 11 that are complete in English, but now we are translating the content. I have read through the multiple language workflow instructions in the help, but I can't seem to interpret what they are saying. This step from the help files is very difficult to follow:

1. Open an English topic, create a topic for the French language, and translate the content, including the topic title from English to French. (Do not translate topic filenames.)

It is not possible to have two topics in the same project with the same filename...how would this even work? Do I need to create separate folders for topics for each language? I currently have topic htm files and table of contents translated for the project I'm working on, but I just don't know what to do with them now. I have been scouring the internet and these forums, but everytime I think I find something worthwhile, it's a dead link. I just want to know what the basic workflow is for adding topic files for other languages and generating output. If anyone can help that would be fantastic!

Thanks,

Melissa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked Adobe to reinstate an article that covered what you want. I'll let you now when I hear back.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be very interested in this too as I am about to embark on a similar project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe have advised me that they will get the topic reinstated.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp