10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2007 9:14 AM by kglad

Equal to...

djelder
      Hi,

I have 3 variables:

var btnLogo:Button;
      var btnLumtype:Button;
      var home:Movieclip;

I would like to have the first two buttons to do the exact same actions, I have the rollover and rolloff animation for these buttons, then the third is a menu button on my menu bar. And I would like the first two buttons, when selected to go to the home page and send the mouse to the home page. So all the things the home button would do, like go to the home page, send the pointer to the home button, I would like to have btnLumtype and btnLogo do. Is this possible?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Equal to...
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          what's the problem?
          • 2. Re: Equal to...
            mclem Level 1
            the answer to your question is yes, it is possible.
            • 3. Re: Equal to...
              djelder Level 1
              I have two logos for my website, which I would like to have as the home page buttons. So when either logo is released it will go to the home page, and the pointer will be directed to my home MC, NOTE: it's off the screen to the left, no actual home button. And I would like it to have a simple syntax, that groups everything into one syntax on rollover actions. So I have these two buttons with different instances, and I want them to both direct the user to the home page, and the pointer to the home button. I just want to declare the home = to btnLogo and home = btnLumtype, hopefully to simplify my code:

• 4. Re: Equal to...
                assuming your code for home does what you want AND the parentage of your buttons and home are the same, you can use:

• 5. Re: Equal to...
                  djelder Level 1
                  I guess I am not explaining this correctly and I'm sorry about that. I don't want a home.onRelease in my scripting,

I would like to parent the home MC to the buttons. So when the buttons are released it goes to the home page, as you can see in my other code, I have the other buttons about_us, PRESS all going to there own page, and the mcPointer goes to the button onRelease.

I would like the logos to do that, but have the mcPointer move to the home mc which isn't going to be seen by the user, and to direct the user to the home page. which is a slide titled "home" The reason I am using this._name.

I hope this helps: I would like the this._name for the btnLogo and btnLumtype to go to home as the _name.
                  • 6. Re: Equal to...
                    ok, try:

• 7. Re: Equal to...
                      djelder Level 1
                      KGlad,

We are close, I am having issues with the mcPointer interaction between the logo buttons, and the menu buttons. Everything slides to where they should in normal interaction, but when I either go from the home page (one of the two logo buttons0 to the menu buttons, or visa-versa, it gives me a glitch, where it won't slide to the right place it'll just jump to the screen?

I have also put the file on my FTP, if you would like to look at it.

ftp://files.luminair.com
                      user: flash
                      pass: actionscript
                      • 8. Re: Equal to...
                        try:

• 9. Re: Equal to...
                          djelder Level 1
                          AWESOME, this is great, now I can finally move on beyond this. And actually figure things out, I really do appreciate your help KGLAD. This works brilliantly. Thanks again.

Dan
                          • 10. Re: Equal to...
                            you're welcome.