1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 3:58 PM by winterm

IndesignCC says it is Out of Memory

Evelyn Phillips

Why is my Indesign CC "Out of Memory?" I have a 2013 27"  iMac, good graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB) and am using OSX 10.9.5. I created large trailhead maps and I have documents which show more than one detailed and complicated map (created in Illustrator). I can barely move around in Indesign when I enlarge the maps so I can see what's going on. So then I go to Display preferences and have to make my vector files medium resolution. This works well, but I can't read the type and symbols to see if they are too close to the borders and so on.

Do I need to restart my computer regularly?

Is there a way I can assign more memory (RAM) to my Indesign program? Is there a scratch disk option, like in Photoshop?

Do I have to have Illustrator and Photoshop turned off when I work in indesign?

This is very frustrating. I bought new computer in July, 2013 just so I could manage these large trailhead map files and not have to sit and wait for indesign to decide whether it's going to display the map or stay frozen.