0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 4:53 PM by johnhpote

Lightroom 5.6 hangs after using for few minutes. MacBook pro, Mac os 10.9.5. Colour wheel (beach ball) appears continuously and machine is frozen.

johnhpote

I have been using Lightroom successfully on my MacBook pro for the past few weeks and been pleased how much better it is compared to iPhoto. Especially its speed.

This week a few minutes after starting Lightroom the spinning colour wheel appears and the machine is effectively hung. Nothing responds. Sometimes after many minutes the mouse pointer reappers but the colour wheel immediately reappears if the mouse is moved or any attempt is made to do anything. Only recourse is to force a power down and re-boot. But then the same thing happens.

System is MacBook Pro (15") from late 2008, 2.4 GHz Intel core 2 Duo with 2 GB RAM (Have tried 3 GB but this makes no difference.) Running Mac os 10.9.5 (Mavericks)

I have checked file permissions and file system with Disk Utility, it found no problems. Have optimised Lightrooms catalogue. All made no difference.

I completely stuck now so any help appreciated,

John