• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ChallengeYou.com not detecting Flash Player in Chrome

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have Adobe Flash Player installed on Google Chrome and my PC. I am trying to make a fun game on: http://www.ChallengeYou.com. Instead, a gold/yellow bar pops up on the top of my screen, saying that I need to install Adobe Flash Player. Which, I do. So, I went to Chrome: Plugins, and instead of there being two Adobe Flash Players', there is only one. Here is the whole description of the information:

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 15.0.0.189
Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0

Name:Shockwave Flash

Description:Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0

Version:15.0.0.189

Location:C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\38.0.2125.104\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

Type:PPAPI (out-of-process)

Disable

MIME types:
MIME typeDescriptionFile extensions
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash Player
.spl
I hope you can help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I branched this to a new discussion since it was unrelated to the thread you posted in.

There's actually a thing called Shockwave Player, and it's different from Flash Player.  There's a long story of corporate mergers, danger and political intrigue that explains why they both have Shockwave in the name, but i mostly it's just super confusing. 

You can get the Shockwave Player here:

Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines