4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2007 8:37 AM by Newsgroup_User

Username/ Password

stevetuck
      I am working on a site for my school which is >>> http://www.design.upenn.edu/bses/

I need a code so that people can

1 Input their User name
      2 Input their password

What will the process be for accomplishing this?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Username/ Password
          SymTsb Level 2
          If the passwords are being stored in a database, you're going to want to look at the LoadVars class. you'll be using sendAndLoad to send the data from the two fields over to a php file or asp file that will do whatever backend scripting to return the "passed" or "failed" response back to flash so that you can test it to see if they are able to login or not.
          • 2. Re: Username/ Password
            Level 7
            If security is an issue, be very careful using Flash for this kind of thing.
            Remember Flash movies are easy to decompile, so whatever actions you plan to
            take based on the results from the username and password being correct will
            be easily visible to any script kiddie.

--
            -------------------------------
            Remove '_spamkiller_' to mail

• 3. Username/ Password
              scottgroovez
              quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
              If security is an issue, be very careful using Flash for this kind of thing.
              Remember Flash movies are easy to decompile, so whatever actions you plan to
              take based on the results from the username and password being correct will
              be easily visible to any script kiddie.

--

Out of interest, what would be a good solution? Just thinking off the top of my head, would it be secure enough to have the return data contain a URL of an SWF of the content that you want to protect. The requesting SWF then loads it in?
              • 4. Re: Username/ Password
                Level 7
                That's a good question, and I guess it depends a lot on how secure is
                'secure enough'. What is the application. If you're a bank, it would need to
                be more secure than for a game where you want to make it a bit trickier to
                hack a high score table...

--