3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2014 8:12 AM by ClayUUID

HTML5 Canvas mode audio quality issues

ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

Trying out the HTML5 Canvas mode of Flash CC 2014, and have banged right into a couple of show-stopping problems with exporting audio--

Every audio file I've given it, Flash has converted it to MP3 with a loud click at the end that is not present in the original.

In HTML Canvas mode, it seems there is no option to modify the Default compression setting for audio. So the only way to export MP3s as anything other than 16 kbps mono is to manually change the compression on every single file. Am I overlooking something?

• 1. Re: HTML5 Canvas mode audio quality issues
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

If you select the individual sound file in the movie's Library, and then right-click and select Properties, you can set the compression for each of the sound files individually. There is no override setting for the audio output for the html5 Publish settings that I can see.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HTML5 Canvas mode audio quality issues

Yes, I already pointed out in the first post that you can change the compression at the individual asset level and that there doesn't seem to be any way to change it in the publish dialog.

Seems a bit absurd that the ability to change the default compression got left out of HTML5 mode. This has been core Flash functionality since pretty much forever.

• 3. Re: HTML5 Canvas mode audio quality issues

Well, I at least discovered what was causing the loud CLICK at the end of the generated MP3s. Turns out the Flash CC importer for WAV files is a bit dim at telling the difference between audio data and metadata. Re-saving my WAV files without metadata fixed the clicking issue.