1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2014 4:46 PM by gener7

Lack of support for Camera Raw plugin for Mac 10.6.8

eplouie

I'm hoping to find some solutions to the road block I've run into.    I'd been using Photoshop CS6 with Mac OS 10.6.8 without any problems.

Then I got a new camera this week, and that's when the problems began.....

I wanted to edit the raw files (R2W format) from the Panasonic GH4, and needed to install the proper Camera Raw plugin.   I installed version 8.6, and not only did Photoshop refuse to acknowledge the installed plugin, but it was no long able to open ANY digital photograph.

I tried installing version 8.5, as well as removing various preference files, repairing permissions, rebuilding volumes (via DIsc Warrior + Drive Geinus) and all sorts of other suggestions I found online.   I was really hoping that a manual drag + drop of the plugin to the  Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/File Formats folder would do the trick, but NOTHING seemed to work for me.  I spent most of the day on Thursday trying to figure a solution, and wound up going back to my original Camera Raw plugin (version 8.3) just to be able to use Photoshop again.

I would have liked to have used the DNG Converter, but it doesn't work with Mac OS 10.6.8 either.

There's various reasons why I continue to use 10.6.8 as my primary OS - so many of my OTHER favorite softwares were radically changed or eliminated with the so-called "upgrades" and I really hate the way so many things were altered in what should be simple navigation in the Finder.  I do have OS 10.8 installed on a backup hard drive, but I really don't want to use this as my primary OS....  at least not at this point in time.

So here's my plea ...

Adobe -

PLEASE give me an updated version of the Camera Raw plugin that I can use with Photoshop CS6 under Mac OS 10.6.8.  

PLEASE provide a version of DNG Converter that will also work with that particular set-up.

.... or help me find a solution so I can install these plugins without the massive headaches.