6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2014 12:12 AM by station_two

Needing help to turning a image.

Cake Master

I have a image of a desk that the view is looking at it straight forward. I need to turn it so it will be a side view of the desk. I am making a 3D room and I am trying to put it against the left wall. The only thing I can find is on how to rotate the image. I tried messing with the perspective but could not get that to work if that is the way to go. Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Needing help to turning a image.
          Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Really? You think Photoshop can see part of the desk that is not there? Might as well look at the back side of the desk with the drawer out and see what is at the bottom of the pile of papers.

You are going to either have to take a picture of the side of the desk or create a 3d desk from your memory, either one is doable, but rotating a picture to see non-existing data is not.

• 2. Re: Needing help to turning a image.
            Cake Master Level 1

Thank you for those tips. I will look to see what is in those drawers. If I knew all of this information I wouldn't be on here asking questions for help. If you are going to downgrade people and make them feel stupid because you are some photoshop genius maybe you should just skip answering questions.

• 3. Re: Re: Needing help to turning a image.
              Level 5

This reminds me of the lady who wanted to make a much bigger print because the nose of her horse was outside the frame on her 4x6 print, so she wanted an 8x10 to be able to see the whole head of the horse.

Really, Cake Master, it doesn't take "some photoshop genius" to figure it out.  Just a minute's reflecting on the question.

Just a clarification:

BOILERPLATE TEXT extracted from the FAQ:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375816?tstart=0

Do not be abusive or aggressive in your tone

An aggressive, demanding, accusatory or abusive sounding post will often evoke an aggressive or abusive and unhelpful reply.

Remember, you are not addressing Adobe here in the user forums.  You are requesting help from volunteers users just like you who give their time free of charge. No one has any obligation to answer your questions.

A simple thank you would have sufficed.

• 4. Re: Needing help to turning a image.
                Cake Master Level 1

I would have been more than happy to give a grateful thank you if your reply would have been the second part of what you said. The first part of what you said not necessary. If I knew that this could not have been done, I would have not been on here asking. You could have explained the reason why it could not have been done and added your second part but adding the other stuff was just not needed. I know how it feels when people ask stupid questions but to point it out in such a manner is not really needed. It makes people who are looking for answers not really want to ask them any longer when we get a response like you gave.

• 5. Re: Needing help to turning a image.
                  Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Keep in mind we do not know how much you know as well. It is easy to assume you know more about image editing than you really do.

I was not trying to be disrespectful, I asked you a question do you really think Photoshop can see part of the image that you don't. It is a simple yes or no question. I then went on to make a ridiculous statement about the backside of the desk, to make a point about what you can not see, you know that was ridiculous, so why would you not think seeing part of the desk that is not visible as being as ridiculous as the back of the desk. Both situations are the same.

I then went on about how you can do it, by taking another picture or using a modeling program and create the desk from memory.

One thing I never assume is anyone being a genius, I am sure they exist here, but it is not right to assume so. Nor should you assume that I am. I like your self can and do make mistakes. We are all users here.

Have a nice day...

• 6. Re: Needing help to turning a image.
                    Level 5

Just a friendly remark:

Since you keep addressing your replies to yourself, I can't be sure what or whom you are referencing.