4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2014 12:02 PM by rlbrad

Lightroom has stopped importing images.

rlbrad

I get the following note: Some import operations were not performed.

CouId not copy a file to the requested location.

• 1. Re: Lightroom has stopped importing images.
          dj_paige Level 9

You do not have WRITE permission to the "requested location" (which is whatever folder you want to copy the file to). Change your permissions.

• 2. Re: Lightroom has stopped importing images.
            rlbrad Level 1

Thanks dj. I was coming to the same conclusion. Now I just have to figure out how to fix permissions on my external hard drive where I keep my catalog and photos. I fixed permissions on my internal hard drive, but disk utility won't let me do the same to the external drive. Also, no idea how this happened. It was working fine and then stopped.

Appreciate you taking the time to answer.

• 3. Re: Lightroom has stopped importing images.
              dj_paige Level 9

One plausible reason for why this happened is that you accidentally changed the directory where you will be copying photos to. So you need to go to the Import screen, and see with your own eyeballs what directory is selected there ... do not assume that you have always been importing to folder ABC, so its still trying to import to folder ABC ... see with your own eyeballs where the import is supposed to be copied to. And then either change it back to what is used to be, or fix the permissions on that folder that you just saw Lightroom was trying to copy photos to you.

• 4. Re: Lightroom has stopped importing images.
                rlbrad Level 1

Thank  you very much. I thought I had fixed permissions on that folder, but in fact it was set to another version of  "me," so I gave the correct version of  "me"

access and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Appreciate your help.