2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2014 5:55 AM by victoriastewart

No thumbnails in finder/preview after exporting files as dng out of lightroom?

victoriastewart

Does anyone have experience sorting out the issue of no thumbnails in finder/preview after exporting files as dng out of lightroom?

There are several conversations in the forum about this problem, but cant seem to find a solution.

Anyone know how to sort this out?

• 1. Re: No thumbnails in finder/preview after exporting files as dng out of lightroom?
          dj_paige Level 9

I don't think your operating system has a built in way to show previews of a DNG file. There are probably plug-ins/add-ons that can allow your operating system to show thumbnails of DNGs. Since I'm not a Mac person, someone else will have to provide details (or you can use a search engine to find such a thing)

Why are you exporting DNGs anyway? Exproting as DNG is only useful if you want to transfer the file to certain other Adobe software.

• 2. Re: No thumbnails in finder/preview after exporting files as dng out of lightroom?
            victoriastewart Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

Mac does support previewing dngs in finder and preview. This has not been a problem before (besides when using my fujufilm compact camera, which mac now has updated the Apple camera for).

To answer your Q about dng files. Thats exactly what i do. I have work which involves communicating/transfering multiple lr -edited files to someone else whom further edits in ps. Not only that, I personally use dng as a way of storing my files. I suppose like to keep my files tidy and uniform.

Any mac users out there who has a a solution to my issue with previewing dngs?