I produced a book using Lr's book module on my laptop. I would like to do some further edits to it using Lr on my desktop. I have the book saved on an external hard drive which I thought would make the transfer easy. However, upon connecting the drive, the saved book does not appear in any of Lr's catalogues, etc. Is there something obvious that I am missing? Any help is appreciated!
In the catalog where the book exists (Laptop)
1. Library - Grid View
2. Select the Saved Book Icon in the Collections panel
3. Select all images in the grid
4. File>Export as a catalog with all negatives included
5. This will create a folder with your catalog, previews and originals.
Put this new exported catalog on a thumbdrive or similar to transfer it to your desktop. Then, from your desktop, open this catalog and work on it. If you wish to, you can integrate this 'transfer' catalog into your main catalog by using the File>Import from another catalog function. (see below)
1. Open your main catalog
2. File> Import from another catalog
3. Point to the transfer catalog and follow instructions
4. Work on your book inside your main catalog.
Thank you so much! Going to try it now.