4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2014 6:49 AM by marcmandy

Can I change the default Location of Lightroom Library and data files?

marcmandy

Marc MandelbaumCommunity Member

Hello,

I'm running Lightroom 5 on a macbook pro 17" equipped with a 240gb SSD and an additional 1tb internal hard drive.  I have a lot of software installed including much of the relevant Adobe suite and when all is said and done, I don't have a lot of wiggle room.

I have just imported less than 20% of my photos, approximately 90gb, into Lightroom and the "Lightroom 5 Catalog Previews.lrdata" file is roughly 1/10th of that at 9gb.  That doesn't seem like a lot in the overall scheme of things, I know, but that leaves my available hard drive space at a mere 14 gb which is not good at all.

My question is this: I have looked hard and can't seem to find a way to change the default location of my Lightroom Catalog Files?  I would like to change that over to the other internal drive where I have a great deal of space.  I understand that I am able to move the library once it is compiled, but I simply don't have enough room to import my library onto the main (240gb SSD) drive to then move it.

Thank you for your help.

marc