6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 8:58 AM by Streaming1

How can i change the settings of play/pause in Elements 13?

invasion21

Hello!

How can i change the settings of play/pause in Elements 13? I definitely need cursor back to the "start play" point each time i hit stop (spacebar), like it works in Sony Vegas or in most of audio editing software. Can somebody help?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How can i change the settings of play/pause in Elements 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

invasion21

Didn't I just answer this question when you were in the wrong forum, Adobe Premiere Pro Forum?

The only way I see you doing that is with switching around keyboard shortcuts for the commands as I described

in your post that was posted in the thread of another in the Adobe Premiere Pro Forum today.

Did you try that yet?

As I said there, what you want to do is possible. But it can be counterproductive when it comes to the ease of Timeline

playback with shortcuts.

Let me see if I can find a copy of my reply to your earlier today.

ATR

• 2. Re: How can i change the settings of play/pause in Elements 13?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

invasion 21

The following is a copy of the reply that I posted to your question earlier today in the Adobe Premiere Pro Forum

invasion21

You are in the Adobe Premiere Pro Forum. What is your program? Is that Premiere Elements 13? If so, you are in the wrong forum where

Premiere Pro answers may not be appropriate for your Premiere Elements (any version) question.

You are not going to find what you are looking for in Premiere Elements preference settings.

You write

I WANT it playhead jump back to start play position, when i hit spacebar for pause.

You can maneuver yourself into that through Edit Menu/Keyboard Customization/Applications/ and its Help category which by

default shows

Go to Timeline/Clip Start, using Home

and

Play/Pause Toggle, using Space

But, you may find it is best to leave well enough alone. Explore and experiment with changing the keyboard shortcuts for the commands and decide what works for you.

ATR

• 3. Re: How can i change the settings of play/pause in Elements 13?
              Streaming1

I was trying to do the same thing. I'll be waiting to see how I can switch around keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks!

• 4. Re: How can i change the settings of play/pause in Elements 13?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Streaming1

I am so used to using the spacebar for Timeline playback toggling (in place of using the play button on the Edit area monitor), that

using the spacebar as a shortcut for anything else is not a good idea for me.

We will be watching for your results and those of invasion 21 to learn if it works for both of you.

ATR

• 5. Re: How can i change the settings of play/pause in Elements 13?
                  invasion21 Level 1

@ATR

Go to Timeline/Clip Start, using Home

and

Play/Pause Toggle, using Space

Yes, that's right. But it doesn't change the way how it's play/pause. Spacebar working, ofc, but it doesn't back playhead to the start point. And i don't need to back playhead to the timeline/clip start, i need it back to position i start to play. It's very useful with my style of editing Again, it works like this in Sony Vegas and in all audio editing software. I believe it should be setting for this somewhere, but i still can't find it. But i don't think it's about shortcuts, because spacebar doing its job, i.e. play/pause toggle. When paused it leaves playhead on the point i hit the "pause".

• 6. Re: How can i change the settings of play/pause in Elements 13?
                    Streaming1 Level 1

Thanks for the info!

Will give it a try soon...thanks again!