11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2014 11:04 AM by Mattias123

Beginner needs help

Mattias123

I'd like to fade in the sound from 0 s to 2 s. I made the frame at 2 s "key frame" without knowing if that was a good start. How do I proceed?

Many thanks in advance for answering in a "beginner language"...!

• 1. Re: Beginner needs help
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mattias123

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

ATR

• 2. Re: Beginner needs help
            Mattias123 Level 1

PE10. Windows 7 Home Premium, SP 1.

/ Mattias

• 3. Re: Beginner needs help
              SteveGallo

I primarily use Expert mode so my answer is based on that mode.

If you go to Expert mode, you will see both the audio and video. Right click on the audio and you will see a menu where you can FADE > FADE In  Audio. Note that the Yellow Line in the audio track now rises from the bottom to a baseline level. Where the yellow line meets the baseline level there is a dot. Grab the dot at the baseline level and move it to the right along the track to lengthen the time for the fade in. To reduce the time for the fade in move the dot to the left along the track. If done successfully, you will see the yellow line rise smoothly from the bottom to the baseline.

Steve

• 4. Re: Beginner needs help
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mattias123

Thanks for the information needed so that I could customize a reply.

Premiere Elements 10

Windows 7 64 bit

Timeline workspace

On the long run, doing the following one step at a time should give you more control for your Audio fade in goal.

1. Open Premiere Elements 10 to the Timeline workspace, import your file with audio, drag it to the Timeline Audio Track 1.

Have your Timeline Indicator at the beginning of the Timeline. Select/highlight the file on Audio Track 1, and click on Properties icon above the Timeline.

Properties1.jpg

2. In the Properties Palette that opens, click on and expand the Volume Panel there. Make sure that the Toggle Animation

icon is selected (should be dark blue when active). Note that the Volume Slider is at 0.0 dB. That is not no sound. The 0.0 dB

is the normal volume of the audio clip.

a. With your Timeline Indicator at the beginning of the Timeline, move the Volume Slider all the way to the left to no sound (-infinity).

You will see a white dot deposited at the beginning of the audio clip. This is an audio keyframe for 0 sound at the beginning of the

clip.

Properties-2.JPG

b. Now move the Timeline Indicator to the 2 second mark (00;00;02;00) with the mouse cursor or right arrow key, and then move the Volume Slider to the right to 0.0 dB. That will place an audio keyframe (white dot) on the Timeline at the 2 second mark.

The keyframes can also be further adjusted at the Timeline level by moving the keyframes (white dots) with the mouse cursor.

There are other ways to do this. One as mentioned is at the Timeline level only (a) right click audio Fade In ... also be aware (b) creating keyframes with the controls under the title of the Timeline audio track.

Please determine what works best for you. Any questions are need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Beginner needs help
                  Mattias123 Level 1

Many many thanks, Steve and ATR. I'll try this as soon as I can.

I have another problem as well, even more pressing: How do I get from here...

...to a view where I can edit the titles? I tried to switch to "Edit", of course, but that wasn't it...

/ Mattias

• 6. Re: Beginner needs help
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Mattias123

I see you are working in the Sceneline workspace.

You can best see what is going on if you work in the Timeline workspace instead. When in the Timeline workspace,

double click the title on the Video track in order to open the Titler where you do the title edits. When finished in the Titler, click Done there.

If you are in the Sceneline workspace and your title is in one of the Filmstrip spaces, then click once on the title's Filmstrip space, and then double click the image of the title that you see on screen. That should bring up the Titler for your edits. Again, when finished in the Titler, click Done there.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Beginner needs help
                      Mattias123 Level 1

Everything worked perfectly. Thank you!

/ Mattias

• 8. Re: Beginner needs help
                        Mattias123 Level 1

Next question... How do I decrease the volume (no fades) between two newly inserted key frames (i.e. these key frames are not yet at edit points, so to speak)?

• 9. Re: Beginner needs help
                          Mattias123 Level 1

Bad usage, sorry. Of course they are not "inserted", just new!

• 10. Re: Beginner needs help
                            Mattias123 Level 1

Another one: "ElementsAutoAnalyzer" seems to take up a lot of processor power, even when the program isn't running (or especially then, it seems). Can something be done?

• 11. Re: Beginner needs help
                              Mattias123 Level 1

Regarding the volume question, I found a solution that seems to be working: I just faded down within one frame, and then up again within one later frame.

My last question (about EAA) remains.

/ Mattias