1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2014 1:04 AM by Mylenium

How to stop preset animations!

kayvonafshari

Hi guys,

I'm very new to AE, so please bear with my question about animating text.

I have text that I want to animate using 3 different animation presets at different times.

1. First, I want to use '3D tumble words forward'. 
      2. Once the text has settled, I want to use the 'Broadway' preset under the 'Lights and Optical' subfolder. It will continue to do that for about 1 minute
      3. To finish, I want to use 'Raining characters out' under the 'Animate Out' subfolder.

The problem is that when I apply one of the presets, like Broadway, it applies it to the entire duration of the text. I haven't figured out how to get an animation preset to start and stop at certain frames. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Again, I know this is a basic question, but I've searched online ad nauseam and haven't found the answer.

Best,

Kayvon

• 1. Re: How to stop preset animations!
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Umm, well, you picked one of the most complicated topics right at the start. Text presets are combined by combining their text animators and keyframing them suitably. No easy answers here. For your immediate situation it would be the simplest to use multiple layers, arrange them in sequence and apply the presets. Everything else would be too complicated if you have zero prior experience.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful