3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2014 2:46 PM by Bob Somrak

LR5 "move" corrupting image files

namaste22

I recently used LR5 to move image files from an old hard drive to a new hard drive. I formatted the new hard drive prior to moving the images onto it.

Instead of the “copy” or “add” function, I used the “move” function, only to find that a fraction of my images were moved to the new hard drive.

When I opened the image folders on the new hard drive (they do not exist anymore on the old hard drive since LR physically “moved” the files), it appeared all of the images were there. But when I used PhotoMechanic and Bridge to view the images that weren’t appearing in LR, I was horrified to see both RAW and JPEG files were corrupted (banding, discoloration).

The files come from a really important project I have been working on since May, and now I am terrified to use LR at all in the event the program corrupts my files again.

Interestingly, when I open the images on Adobe Bridge and click "purge cache for selection", the thumbnail briefly appears normal, then returns to the corrupted preview. 

Has anyone experienced anything like this, and is there any way to save my files? I fear I have totally lost faith in LR.Screen Shot 2014-11-15 at 5.01.20 PM.png