4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2014 8:28 PM by Leearnoult

Image Count

Leearnoult

Folders in Lightroom have hundreds of images in them but "count" shows "0"

• 1. Re: Image Count
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Go to menu- Library > Show Photos in sub-folders- Click this option to toggle on/off.

With option "Off" Folders with Count ="0" will be master folders and the images will be in sub-folders.

With option "On" Master folders will show total count of images in all sub-folders within.

And I presume you have "imported" all images into LR.

• 2. Re: Image Count
            Leearnoult Level 1

It was already as you say. Folders above and below have image count. I assume they are "imported" as none show as "missing." Oh, well. I'll keep looking. Meantime, thank you for the quick response. You are the first person I have talked to since getting Lightroom about six months ago. Takes some study, but a great way to handle thousands of images. Thanks, Lee

• 3. Re: Image Count
              areohbee Level 5

I suppose you have already, but if not: try restarting Lightroom and/or your computer. I have seen this kind of anomalous behavior get cleared after a restart. It's a long shot..

Also, try optimizing your catalog - shouldn't make a difference, but sometimes a little shaking up can change things..

• 4. Re: Image Count
                Leearnoult Level 1

Restarting did not work. Optimizing did. Thanks for the lesson. I really appreciate it.