12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 5:26 AM by gregm70909577

50 file limit

cmostech Level 1

Are there plans to make it possible to send more than 50 files in the near future? or an upgrade option I can pay more to get the option?

• 1. Re: 50 file limit
          Jonathan Herbach Adobe Employee

We currently do not have plans to do so, but might consider it in the future.

Can you give me some context on what you're trying to send that has more than 50 files?

• 2. Re: 50 file limit
            cmostech Level 1

I am a photographer and send photos to my client. And I like your service because I can track the files, I'm branded and it's really easy for my client to use. But 80% of the time I have 100 photos or more to send.  I don't want to zip them because they need to see them all and maybe only download the photos they want.

-Derek

• 3. Re: 50 file limit
              Fly Guy Hobbies Level 1

You need to make plans to resolve this 50 file limit, ASAP. It looks really unprofessional sending 3 separate emails to send 111 files. This is DUMB!!! the old way was just fine. Now we are screwed.

• 4. Re: 50 file limit
                Fly Guy Hobbies Level 1

Resolve this!!! 50 file disaster!!!

• 5. Re: 50 file limit
                  Njrr

As another photographer I am also very frustrated by the 50 file limit. I can live with having to type in the clients email address unlike Sendnow but the file limit is a real problem and looks so unprofessional to have to send multiple links.

• 6. Re: 50 file limit
                    Jonathan Herbach Adobe Employee

I appreciate the feedback. If there are others reading this who are experencing pain around the 50 file limit, please reply so I can better gauge how widespread the impact is.

We truly do want to make the service better and easier for you to use. Please understand, however, that the 50-file limit was not purely arbitrary, but a precaution given certain limitations within our system today. The limit ensures that we can reliably offer a "Download All" button for the recipient regardless of the size of all the documents. (Our current technology aggregates all the documents on-demand, and we don't want to make the recipients wait too long.) Given other items in our roadmap, it may be a little while before we change the underlying limitations around "Download All".

One thing we are considering which might ameliorate some of your concerns in sending multiple files, is allowing more than 50 documents to be sent, but in those circumstances, omitting the "Download All" button. As a workflow, I could imagine you therefore would upload all of your images -- which would have the great experience in our web-based preview, but also include one additional file you create yourself: a ZIP of all the images. While we'd be making you work a little harder by generating that ZIP yourself, I think it may work for some.

If we allowed up to 200 documents to be sent, but omitted a "Download All" for cases where you send more than 50, would that help?

I look forward to your thoughts as we evaluate and refine our plans for improving Adobe Send.

Jonathan

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: 50 file limit
                      cmostech Level 1

As a temp fix until technology catches up to demands, maybe offer sending more files but have a "Download 1-50" and a "Download 51-100" etc. or "Download page one", "Download Page 2" and so on... The idea of sending more but without a download all button doesn't appeal much to me. Most of my clients want all the photos and would like to see them online and download selects if needed. (hence why I don't just .zip the files myself. I would be happy with having the client having to do more than one download all button if more than 50 files.

Would 100 files be out of the question? at least for me that would cover 90% of my business.

• 8. Re: 50 file limit
                        carol@malciphoto.com Level 1

The 50 images is killing me also I am a professional photographer also and need this fixed or I will have to stop using this service:(

• 9. Re: 50 file limit
                          cmostech Level 1

As a temp fix until technology catches up to demands, maybe offer sending more files but have a "Download 1-50" and a "Download 51-100" etc. or "Download page one", "Download Page 2" and so on... The idea of sending more but without a download all button doesn't appeal much to me. Most of my clients want all the photos and would like to see them online and download selects if needed. (hence why I don't just .zip the files myself. I would be happy with having the client having to do more than one download all button if more than 50 files.

Would 100 files be out of the question? at least for me that would cover 90% of my business.

• 10. Re: 50 file limit
                            Wayintense

The 50 file limit is absolutely unacceptable.  The move from "Send Now" to "Send" was annoying enough.  Not being able to save email addresses in Adobe "Send" is infuriating.  BUT - the 50 file limit takes the cake!  We pay for this service!  (Well, I do for about another 15 minutes.  I'm quite sure I'll find a more professional file sharing service with a 3 minute Google search.)  I'm an engineer and send "Pack N Go" CAD models to my customers and subcontracted shops.  These models often have 300+ small files.  These files are normally organized in hierarchal folders, which I flatten because "Send" can't deal with folder structures either (another annoyance).  Stop researching whether or not the file limit is annoying.  This thread documents that this is the case.  Fix it!

• 11. Re: 50 file limit
                              Tchoutch

Hi Jonathan,

I fall late on this forum. I don't know where Adobe is on that one. I understand your concern about downloading a big number of files. Instead of creating a ZIP file ourself, why don't you create one on your server when you reach a certain number of files or size? You can then associate that file to the Download All button. I have seen this on other type of similar products.

• 12. Re: 50 file limit
                                gregm70909577

As a lawyer I am terribly frustrated by the limit.  I used this service for the first time today.  I had to send 89 documents to another lawyer but had to send them in two instalments. I felt really silly doing that.