1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2014 7:31 PM by gener7

Adobe Gamma has disappeared from my computer...

toyrobot Level 1

Today I uninstalled an older version of Lightroom plus a few other programs I no longer use. I still have Photoshop CC and the newest version of Lightroom, but somehow I no longer have Adobe Gamma. According to what I've read, that comes as part of photoshop, but I can't find it anywhere. Is it hidden in a directory somewhere? If I somehow deleted it, is there a way to get it back?

• 1. Re: Adobe Gamma has disappeared from my computer...
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Adobe Gamma was discontinued with CS3, the linked thread explains the details.

Adobe gamma was never meant to be used for LCD monitors, only for the old fashioned CRT monitors (the ones that look like old-style televisions) and it won't work at all in Vista or Windows 7, so adobe has stopped including it. I can't remember offhand but it may be on the PSE 6 install disc as an extra (it was either PSE 5 or 6 where they included it but stopped installing it automatically), but in any case you would be better off checking to see if your video driver includes a calibration utility (most do) and using that instead, unless you are running XP or earlier on a CRT monitor.

Is Adobe Gamma not installed with CS3?