6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2014 11:41 AM by Mutant04

When will Photoshop Touch work with the Galaxy Note 4

deanf Level 1

Hi, Please can anyone shed light on this... When will Photoshop Touch work with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or more speciffically the latest Android OS

• 1. Re: When will Photoshop Touch work with the Galaxy Note 4
          SomeoneTyping Level 1

I second this - galaxy note 4 support is a must. What's more concerning is that the package seems to work fine. So this should really be a minimal update from Adobe.

I guess we all need to start complaning to support.

• 2. Re: When will Photoshop Touch work with the Galaxy Note 4
            cerulo Level 1

I, too, would like to know when I can use PS Touch with my shiny new Note 4. I paid for and used it frequently and extensively on my Samsung Galaxy Note II, so I'd really like to have it on my newer, faster, more powerful, insanely-higher-definition screened device.

It doesn't appear to be an issue with the "latest OS", since my partner's Samsung Galaxy S5 is compatible with it (according to the Play Store). Before Adobe swoops in and tries to blame it on Samsung ("GN4 is not compatible with PS Touch"), I would like to expressly point out that at this point in time, PS Touch for Android is not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

C'mon, Adobe... the phone has been out for two months, worldwide, and one month in the states. Time to get rolling with an update, especially since the GN4 is not the first QHD (2560x1440) device.

• 3. Re: When will Photoshop Touch work with the Galaxy Note 4
              munk33 Level 1

Currently if you go to the play store on any phone, photoshop touch for phone is not available to buy.  If you're a previous owner of the app, you can see it from "my apps" in the play store.  As all of us Note 4 owners, we are currently unable to download the app due to apparent compatibility issues.  I spoke to a lady in tech support while inquiring about a Photoshop CC issue to see if she could ask somebody if this would be resolved.  She seemed to think it is a Samsung issue from what she was told.  I think this is rather strange and I wish judging by the growing amount of posts regarding this issue that somebody from Adobe would chime in with an official answer.

I have a bad feeling that Adobe is quietly ending support for this app, which is very unfortunate because it's the best product out there from what I can find.

• 4. Re: When will Photoshop Touch work with the Galaxy Note 4
                Mutant04 Level 1

I agree with everyone. Just upgraded from a Note 3 to a Note 4, and was shocked to find that it states that Photoshop Touch is incompatible with this device.

With the power of the Note 4 (with its enhanced S Pen) it is like a pocket size Wacom Cintiq, so would have thought PS Touch would go hand in hand with the device.

It has been since May that the last update to PS Touch was released, so believe that regardless of this Note 4 issue, the app is due an upgrade.

I hope that the Note 4 issue is resolved quickly, although I do agree with munk33 that maybe the app is slowly going to disappear (like Adobe Ideas) with all the recent Mobile apps coming out from Adobe, (although only on iOS, another annoying issue, don't get me started), please prove me wrong that PS Touch is not going to disappear, and an official reply to the Note 4 issue.

• 5. Re: When will Photoshop Touch work with the Galaxy Note 4
                  munk33 Level 1

Well the app seems to now be available for download.  I've installed the app and it seems to work so far...fingers crossed!  Thank you Adobe!!!

• 6. Re: When will Photoshop Touch work with the Galaxy Note 4
                    Mutant04 Level 1

Yep I've installed this as well on my Note 4, and all seems fine so far. By looking at I think it was just a version update as its now 1.3.5.(from 1.2.1). The Tablet version has also been updated to 1.7.5 (from 1.6.1).

So nice that it now works, but considering we've been waiting 6 months for a update, not much new

The main thing is it now works on the Note 4.