10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2014 10:39 AM by A.T. Romano

PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?

Binney4n

I'm using Premiere Elements 13 on a Windows 8.1 machine (64 bit). When burning a DVD, I get the above message when it gets 98% through. What am I missing?

• 1. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

binney4n

This is one of those questions that has been coming up lately. More questions than an answer.

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? If Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher, please see Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the preference related to the Intel Graphics 2000 or higher.

I will see if I can find the other thread(s) that have been posted lately on this.

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

binney4n

The following is the link to the recent thread here on Premiere Elements 13 no plugin.dll error.

cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13

No solution yet.

Hoping for an update from PRE_help on the status of any Adobe troubleshooting related to this error

with the new version.

ATR

• 3. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
              Binney4n Level 1

Thanks for your reply ATR.

My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 820M.

I searched the forum (should have done this first, I know) and found the reference to turning off the hardware acceleration.

I did this and eventually it burnt a DVD – hung for a long time on 98% - and the DVD worked. It was a very short simple couple of clips.

The only other thing I did was to make sure the project was saved in the same folder as Adobe Premiere ie the default. Previously I saved it in the Video Library.

It’s very frustrating that Adobe can release a product with bugs and not offer a fix!!

Thanks again for your help. Will persist and try a bigger project.

Bruce

• 4. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

binney4n

Great news that you obtained a successful burn to disc. Great job of follow through.

Please let us know of your progress as you move on to larger Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
                  Binney4n Level 1

Just successfully burnt a longer disc with a few clips and additional music, transitions, menu and all OK.

Will keep in touch.

Thanks again for your interest.

Cheers

Bruce

• 6. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Bruce

Thanks for the update. Great follow up which will be helpful to all.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
                      Binney4n Level 1

G’Day ATR

Here’s a couple of my latest issues.

I can burn a 6Gb AVHCD movie which works but when I try to burn it as a DVD, the program can’t find/doesn’t recognise the DVD drive but it does when I burn it as an AVHCD? What’s happening??

Also the stop markers don’t work!! The menu does and takes me to my various scenes.

Also I wanted to add narration. It works but sounds very tinny/echo. I’m using  a cheap microphone – is that the issue?? I downloaded Audacity and converted it to an mp3 and it was a bit better but still not of a passable quality. Is there better sound software to use – microphone??

Thanks again for your ongoing interest and support.

Cheers

Bruce

• 8. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
                        Binney4n Level 1

G’Day ATR

Here’s a couple of my latest issues.

I can burn a 6Gb AVHCD movie which works but when I try to burn it as a DVD, the program can’t find/doesn’t recognise the DVD drive but it does when I burn it as an AVHCD? What’s happening??

Also the stop markers don’t work!! The menu does and takes me to my various scenes.

Also I wanted to add narration. It works but sounds very tinny/echo. I’m using  a cheap microphone – is that the issue?? I downloaded Audacity and converted it to an mp3 and it was a bit better but still not of a passable quality. Is there better sound software to use – microphone??

Thanks again for your ongoing interest and support.

Cheers

Bruce

• 9. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bruce

Stop markers placed in the Timeline content do not function in the playback of Premiere Elements burn to AVCHD format on DVD disc or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc. It has always been that way. Only exception is DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

The narration issue probably is related to the microphone. Try another microphone but not a USB type one. I have an inexpensive desktop microphone that plugins into a computer jack, and the narration clips from the Narration Tool are good.

Burner recognition problems for one or all is a frequent happening - you could try the uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. If you had just a DVD CD burner rather than a Blu-ray DVD CD burner, I would suggest looking at

CD, DVD drive not recognized after Adobe application install | Windows

I will be traveling for several hours. So, I will look for your progress and have more thoughts later this evening.

ATR

• 10. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
                            Binney4n Level 1

Well the saga continues! I borrowed a good USB mike from a friend and I see what you mean with how it interacts with PE. However I used Audacity and exported as a mp3 and that worked well.

I produced an ISO? Image and burnt it to a DVD and it worked!!! And the stop markers worked as well!! Bonus!!

Am nearly there maybe but it’s been a learning curve!

Thanks again for your ideas – much appreciated.

Cheers

Bruce

• 11. Re: PluginCoderError: no pluginDLLs. How do I fix this?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

binney4n

I am not sure if it is my Internet connection or the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum web page having difficulties, but I have an email notification for this thread dated 12 03 2014 @ 4:56 am, but I do not see the message in your actual thread.

Nonetheless, the content of this email notification was very good. Sounds like you have made major progress with your video project. Great job.

Just wanted to let you know that I saw your message in my Inbox email even if I did not see your reply posted in your thread.

Best wishes

ATR