2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2014 5:40 AM by SteveGallo

How do I create a complete video program for 6 hours of event video?

SteveGallo

I have used Premiere Elements 13 to create 10 Projects of individual presentations recorded in HD during a 6 hour conference. The chair of the conference wants a complete video record that could be given to participants. The totality is too large for a DVD but might fit on a large flash drive to be given to the participants. Each Project is a record of an individual presentation. I know how to create the individual videos of each presentation with Premiere Elements 13 and I can create DVDs. Multiple DVDs seem like a logistical problem and not everyone has Blu-Ray. I would like to have a menu like a DVD to take the viewer to any one presentation or to start at the beginning. The final product does not need to be HD but should be as good as possible.

This seems beyond what Photoshop Elements can do. Is it? How do I create the finished product?

Steve

• 1. Re: How do I create a complete video program for 6 hours of event video?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Please clarify. You talk about Premiere Elements 13 and then you ask at the end

This seems beyond what Photoshop Elements can do. Is it? How do I create the finished product?

In Premiere Elements 13, the burn to products are the only end products with menus. The webDVD (flash file with menus)

has been discontinued in Premiere Elements 13.

How much of your HD source Timeline content can you fit on a DVD double layer single sided disc destined for DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on that DVD disc?

As a rough guess-estimate, when you have the disc in the burner tray, look at the burn dialog Quality area's Space Required and Bitrate just before you would hit Burn button in the burn dialog ("Fit Content to Available Space" with check mark next to it.)

The DVD double layer single sided disc is labelled 8.5 GB/240 minutes. In reality that 8.5 GB is 7.95 GB.

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I create a complete video program for 6 hours of event video?
            SteveGallo Level 1

Thanks ATR,

Slip of the fingers, I meant Premiere Elements 13 not PSE.

To how do I assemble the 10 projects into a DVD? Do I need to create a video for each of the 10? Do I then import all 10 videos into one humongous project and then create the final DVD with its menu?  Based on my experience with my system it will take about 1 minute of processing per 1 minute of video plus maybe 10% overhead. So to create 10 videos then import them and then create the final video is lots of processing time because it seems like each video will be rendered twice. Is there a way to create the videos only once then merge them into the DVD?

Steve