3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2014 10:23 AM by A.T. Romano

remove music keep comment

BBA-Ellen Level 1

Hi I am a absolute beginner at Premiere Elements and I use version 12. With our photocamera we can also create movies. We did that a view times at horse competitions. During the competition they played music and people are giving comment to the competition. I once placed one of our movies at Youtube so the riders could see themselves, but got a warning because of the music you could hear. I had to pay for that music. I don't want that. 

So now I got the movie into Premiere Elements 12, using the Proffessional option. This is what I see:

Knipsel.PNG

What I want to do is get rid of the music they played during the competition, but keep the voice giving comment and all the horse and competition noises. Is there an easy way for me to do that? I never worked with audio before...

• 1. Re: remove music keep comment
          A.T. Romano Level 7

BBA-Ellen

From what I have read, it is difficult or impossible to separate out music from people talking in a clip that has one audio stream.

And, I see no way that Premiere Elements (any version) can accomplish this task.

Is there any consideration for removing the whole audio track and replacing it with an audio file that will be acceptable to all?

If so, you can right click the file on the Premiere Elements Timeline, select Delete Audio, and then import the appropriate audio

replacement file to be dragged to the Timeline audio track underneath the video portion.

ATR

• 2. Re: remove music keep comment
            BBA-Ellen Level 1

Okay, thanks for your quick reaction, I already was afraid it wasn't possible, had searched a lot of options. Well it seem to be the only thing to do. It is better than pay for the music I didn't put under it.

• 3. Re: remove music keep comment
              A.T. Romano Level 7

BBA-Ellen

Thanks for the follow up.

Protected music should be protected music wherever and appropriately honored. However....

Without knowing the details of the music rights involved, I am not sure what YouTube is targeting in the music it is hearing in the background of your upload.

Have you sought a second opinion from YouTube direct or from another Social Website like Vimeo?

ATR