• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't view you tube vidios on MSN with flash player 15.0

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Firefox and MSN that run on the same computer which is running on Windows 8. I tried viewing you tube vidios on MSN and get an error message, but I am able to switch to Firefox and watch the same vidio with no problem. I checked my system to see which version of Adobe flash player I am running and it is the latest 15.0. What is causing MSN not to run youtube vidios?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Thanks Pat, that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is "MSN"?

What is "an error message"?

What is your Flash Player version?  ("latest" means nothing.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MSN is the Microsoft Network (fun fact: I was a Microsoft Network technical support rep. back in 1996, before 56k modems were a thing.).  The MSN browser is really Internet Explorer under the hood.

Firefox and Internet Explorer user different versions of Flash Player.  You have to install one for each browser.

Using MSN or Internet Explorer, go here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Follow the prompts

Everything should work after that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the respons Jeromie. I tried the link you supplied and it is the same Adobe download site I went to before posting on this forum for help. I guess I failed to mention two things; Firs,t I had to go to Adobe download and download 15.0 for Firefox and did so with no problem, I  was then able to view You Tube. Second, I Then switched to MSN and tried to download the same Adobe download and all I get is a blank white page with no instructions or start download to click below an Adobe header. Why does it not allow me to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that "MSN" uses the same ActiveX Control as Internet Explorer, then you can get the offline installer from fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, what Pat said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Pat, that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines