4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2014 3:42 PM by A.T. Romano

Installed premiere elements 12 but error 1935 and roll back.  What now?

byronderrick

I installed Premiere Elements 12, but an error 1935 occurred.  It was all rolled back.  What do I do now?

• 1. Re: Installed premiere elements 12 but error 1935 and roll back.  What now?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

byronderrick

What computer is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Are you involved in a Silent Install in a company or school environment, multi computers (volume licensing)?

I have seen this type of issue mentioned for Premiere Elements 11. Have no idea if it is applicable to version 12.

Error 1935 | Silent reinstall | Premiere Elements | Windows

The following involves Premiere Elements 12 and 1935 and the troubleshooting link was cited by an Adobe employee

Premiere Elements 12 installation error

There was no follow up to indicate if the suggestion worked even though the suggested link was not version 12 specific.

If it applies to your situation, you might want to contact Adobe Volume Licensing to work through the details of a Silent Install if that is in fact

what you are working with.

If you are doing a typical installation of the version on a Windows home computer, I would first consider an uninstall the usual Control Panel way, free

ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls and reinstalls, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Installed premiere elements 12 but error 1935 and roll back.  What now?
            byronderrick Level 1

Thank you for this advice.  It is my home windows computer that's involved.  Before I uninstall my anti-virus and anti-malware programs, though, please tell me how I will find them to get them reinstalled once the Premiere elements 12 is successfully installed?

Thanks again.

Bryan Reddick

To: Bryan Reddick <reddicksb@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2014 5:21 PM

Subject:  Installed premiere elements 12 but error 1935 and roll back.  What now?

Installed premiere elements 12 but error 1935 and roll back.  What now?

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionbyronderrick What computer is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Are you involved in a Silent Install in a company or school environment, multi computers (volume licensing)? I have seen this type of issue mentioned for Premiere Elements 11. Have no idea if it is applicable to version 12.Error 1935

Silent reinstall

Premiere Elements

Windows The following involves Premiere Elements 12 and 1935 and the troubleshooting link was cited by an Adobe employeePremiere Elements 12 installation errorThere was no follow up to indicate if the suggestion worked even though the suggested link was not version 12 specific. If it applies to your situation, you might want to contact Adobe Volume Licensing to work through the details of a Silent Install if that is in factwhat you are working with. If you are doing a typical installation of the version on a Windows home computer, I would first consider an uninstall the usual Control Panel way, freeccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls and reinstalls, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download Please review and consider. Thank you. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/6935126#6935126 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/6935126#6935126 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 4. Re: Installed premiere elements 12 but error 1935 and roll back.  What now?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

byronderrick

I am a little behind schedule today because of my telephone line and Internet connection issues.

For now I will assume that you are running Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

The following would apply to most except McAfee which I believe controls both the antivirus as well as the firewall(s).

Windows Firewall

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-windows-firewall-on-off#turn-windows-firew all-on-off=windows-7

Antivirus - See details of specific program - example if you had Microsoft Security Essentials and unchecking Real Timeline

Projection

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2025707/how-to-temporarily-disable-microsoft-security-essen tials.html

The above should not involve uninstall/reinstall of the antivirus and firewall(s)...rather disable and enable.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR