1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 16, 2007 8:06 AM by csawall

Parameters not being adhered to?

csawall Level 1
      I am trying to hide a datagrid column, so I set the following:

<mx:DataGridColumn id="uxsldg" headerText="ScriptID Link" dataField="scriptidlink" visible="false"/>

So what happens, is a user can doubleClick a field in datagrid01 and it will call a function to submit a HTTPService which will then be used to populate datagrid02. datagrid02 has a column that has a LinkButton and I am displaying certain text pulled back from the returned XML but I don't want to display the whole link. the problem is this: when i doubleClick the first time, the column is hidden as expected. if i doubleClick another item the row shows up and it stays this way.

i want to the LinkButton to show the short details but launch a new browser, so I pass back to lines in the XML, one with the full URL and one with the short details.

<mx:DataGridColumn id="uxsldg" headerText="ScriptID Link" dataField="scriptidlink" visible="false" width="0"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="ScriptID" dataField="scriptid" width="50">
      <mx:itemRenderer>
      <mx:Component>
      <mx:LinkButton label="{data.scriptid}" click="navigateToURL(new URLRequest(data.scriptidlink), '_blank')"/>
      </mx:Component>
      </mx:itemRenderer>
      </mx:DataGridColumn>

I've tried setting the width of the column to "0", which does work, but a user could still increase the size if they wanted to. i've tried setting the visible field to false in a createCompletion of the datagrid, but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this a bug?

Thanks,
      Chris