28 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2015 7:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13

WillemReus

To shortly summerize my problem:

When I try to burn a DVD premere elements is not really working like it should imho:

At 98% it first gave an error that there were no plugin DLL's. Disk was ejected but useless.

Second and third go it gave an error at 98% indicating that the writespeed was incorrect. Error message was wider then the container showing the message.

Tried burning an DVD ISO to harddisk instead: no errors but also no file. Doublechecked file location, reburned, same issue

Tried to encode to MP4 to harddisk: no issues

Tried reinstalling premiere elements: same issues

Does anyone have a good idea on what to try next?

My computerspecs are as follows:

win8.1 x64

4790Ti

8gb ram

No dedicated video card: intel hd graphics 4600

simple 8 speed usb DVD burner (keep in mind it also won't burn ISO files to harddrive...)

Computer fully patched and up to date, including latest quicktime

Obviously premiere elements 13, but the Dutch version.

• 1. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

WillemReus

There is currently an unresolved issue related to the plugin dll message.

But, let us try the following....

Look at the burn to process with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference enabled.

(See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.)

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
            WillemReus Level 1

Dear ATR,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I did look into previous posts on the forum, but could not find the unresolved issue. Probably my bad...

You are correct that the Intel Graphics hardware acceleration was enabled. As I did not enable it myself, it looks like the default setting.

Disabled it, retried burning ISO file: same issue. The rendering process also took way too short.

Restarted Premiere elements, recreated the project, rendered it (took quite a while) and worked like a charm!

It may not be a full fix, but it sure works for me. Thanks for the great and fast support!

• 3. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

WillemReus

Truly great news. Great job of follow up on the details.

Your report on what you did and your success will be a great help for those looking for possible answers for plug-in dll issue.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 4. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                Petter01

Hi

I have the same issue with no iso file burning with successfully result.

Did you solve this?

• 5. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Petter01

Have you read through this whole thread, especially post 2 from WillemReus where this ID describes what worked in that situation.

Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

Have you gone through looking at the issue with and with the preference Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher disabled? Have you

gone through what Willem Reus has described in post 2? Have you looked at deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the

whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists?

And, please confirm...are you working with DVD ISO Image, AVCHD ISO Image, or Blu-ray ISO Image?

Lots of possibilities which require details specific to your program and its computer environment.

If you have review the above and the issue still exists, we can discuss your Premiere Elements 13 burn to and your computer environment fuller.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                    Petter01 Level 1

I tested the solution to disable Intel HD graphics 2000 but it didn't help probably because I have an NVIDIA card.

Also I removed the whole folder (project.PRV) with pref files for the project and then restarted Elements and burned but same issue.

Its a DVD ISO image 4.7GB

PAL_Widescreen_Dolby_DVD

I know it worked with other projects I created.

• 7. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Petter01

Thanks for the reply with additional information.

Still thinking about your details.

When you are in the burn dialog (settings DVD ISO Image 4.7 GB and preset PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD, what does the

Quality Area show for Space Required and Bitrate with and without a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"?

If you do a burn to Folder (4.7 GB) does that work for this particular project?

If you start a new project with the same content as the problem project, does the burn to DVD ISO Image work?

ATR

• 8. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                        Petter01 Level 1

Something with the markers and movie menu caused the problem.

I tried to burn without a movie menu and it worked.

When I added the movie menu with same markers as before same problem.

I removed all markers an recreated them and the movie menu and now it works to burn to an iso file.

• 9. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Petter01

Juergen may have hit on a critical matter as it relates to the success or failure of Premiere Elements 13 and its Burn To: Blu-ray ISO Image (25 GB).

Other ISO Image opportunities (for DVD and AVCHD) in Premiere Elements 13 have not yet been brought into the matter.

For many posts, Juergen has been reporting that he can generate a  Premiere Elements 13.iso image for Blu-ray, but when the .iso is taken to disc, the player does not recognize

the disc content. Only recently has he mentioned that the issue seems to be related to the file size of the .iso image produced. He said that if the Premiere Elements 13 iso file exceeded about 1.1 GB, the Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc produced in ImgBurn could not be read by the players.

Last night, I checked into that to see if I could confirm Juergen's observation. I have. This is a serious setback for Premiere Elements 13 which finally offers an Blu-ray ISO Image as an alternative to the Burn To: Disc product.

So, for you to confirm.....

1. Are you doing Publish+Share/Disc/DVD with Burn To: = ISO Image?

2. If so, are you actually seeing an .iso image generated and saved to your computer hard drive?

If so, what is the file size of the .iso file produced?

3. What is the file size for the DVD .iso file that you take into ImgBurn for burn to DVD disc to the correct disc files system,

is the disc content recognized by your player? If so, what player.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                            Petter01 Level 1

My problem is solved I now get an .iso file when burn my project. As I wrote in post 8 it seems to be realated to the markers in the timeline and movie menu.

But here come the answer to your questions when I had the problem..

1. Yes

2. No, I don't see any .iso file on harddrive

3. No file

regards

Petter

• 11. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Petter

Thanks for the reply. But, I think that there might be a misunderstanding between us.

When you select Premiere Elements 13's Publish+Share/Disc/DVD and the Burn To: = ISO Image (4.7 GB) in the burn dialog, you must get a file with a file extension of .iso saved to the computer hard drive. If you want a disc rather than a file, then you take the .iso to disc with a program such as ImgBurn. Consequently, I am not understanding your reply to questions 2 and 3.

Menu markers and menu issues can have various origins which might include causes such as

a. Timeline marker spacing

b. Overlapping buttons in the main and/or disc menus

ATR

• 12. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                Petter01 Level 1

Hi

Yes it sounds like a misunderstanding.

The problem was when I did the Publish+Share/Disc/DVD and the Burn To: = ISO Image (4.7 GB) I never got the .iso file created on the hard drive.

When I removed the movie menu in my project and then tried the above I got the .iso file created on the hard drive.

When I then created the movie menu with same markers in project I got same problem no .iso file was created on the hard drive.

Then I removed the markers and recreated them in my project and a new move menu and again did the Publish+Share/Disc/DVD and the Burn To: = ISO Image (4.7 GB) then I got the .iso file created on the hard drive.

• 13. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                  victorcharlesiii Level 1

I have just experienced this same problem today- I tried to burn to an ISO image (4.7GB) - when the encoding/burning process was complete, there was no ISO image created on the hard disc. After reading some of the above posts regarding menu markers- I made some deductions that fixed the problem for me.

I have successfully burned ISO images in the past- but in those files, I only had Scene menu markers. In the ISO I was trying to burn today, I had 2 Scene menu markers and 2 Stop menu markers. So, I deleted the 2 Stop menu markers and sure enough, the burn worked.

This is an unpleasant bug and I'm hoping a fix comes out for it in a timely manner. I went through 3 burn attempts before I figured out this bug and corrected it. However, I would still like to be able to place Stop markers in my project without it causing any burn problems!

• 14. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

victorcharlesiii

Lots going on since the last post in this thread January 2015.

What is your end product - DVD ISO Image or AVCHD ISO Image? And, what is the file size of the .iso file generated?

If you end product is AVCHD DVD, do not bother with stop markers. They are not recognized on the playback of AVCHD DVD on the Blu-ray player.

Also, be aware of the ISO Image file size issue for AVCHD and Blu-ray.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

As for DVD-VIDEO on DVD, there should be no problem with stop markers if you do not place them at the end of the last item on the Timeline. Sometimes stop markers too close to the end of the Timeline can also cause failures in the burn to process. In general, not enough spacing between Timeline menu markers or overlapping buttons in the Movie Menu customization area of the project can cause problems.

Please describe your details as they relate to the above so that we may evaluation your situation and offer appropriate comments to avoid the problems described.

Thank you.

ATR

• 15. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                      victorcharlesiii Level 1

ATR:

Thank you! I'm burning DVD ISO Image- and yes, I did have a Stop marker at the very end of the last item on the Timeline, and the other Stop marker was placed 1 frame before a Scene marker- so I'll take your suggestions for sure and try again. Thanks again.

• 16. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                        victorcharlesiii Level 1

ATR:

The size of my ISO image is 4.05 GB.

• 17. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

victorcharlesiii

Thanks for the reply with additional information.

So far, we have found that the ISO Image file size issue targets the AVCHD and Blu-ray, not DVD, choices in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Publish+Share/Disc

Consequently, as your schedule permits, please let us know the outcome when you take your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 DVD ISO Image to DVD disc with ImgBurn or other. We would be very interested in those results.

Best wishes

ATR

• 18. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                            aperture14

Adobe told me earlier this week that the difficulties we are having burning DVDs are due to a software problem on their end, and they have no idea when it will be fixed. This is disappointing.

• 19. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture14

Thanks for the information.

Did Adobe give you any idea what specific "burning DVDs" issue(s) it knew about and were trying to find fixes for?

Did it sound like the usual burn to disc DVD failures or issues like .iso image file size and Premiere Elements not recognizing

a burner or media for burn to DVD, AVCHD, or Blu-ray?

ATR

• 20. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                                aperture14 Level 1

Adobe's Neeraj said that the entire function for burn to DVD was flawed.

When burning to DVD, the error message says that an iso file was generated,

but no iso files are generated. Also, I cannot burn an iso file, even if I

choose that option. I can burn a file for computer use, but I haven't

figured out yet how to turn that into something I can play on a DVD player.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:01 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 21. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                                  victorcharlesiii Level 1

Well, interestingly enough, after burning my ISO image to disc, when the disc is played, my 2 scene buttons (in the Scene Selection screen) do not appear. The 2 buttons definitely did not overlap.

Like I said before though, I've successfully burned ISO images in the past, when I was only using Scene markers- and in those successful burns, my Scene buttons always appeared no problem. The only thing that is different here is that I deleted my 2 Stop markers after finding that the ISO image burn was not successful. I'm going to try starting a new project from scratch and try again and see what happens.

• 22. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture

If you create a DVD ISO image file, you should be able to get that to a DVD disc as DVD-VIDEO playable on TV's DVD player with the .iso file size over 1 GB and ImgBurn for getting the .iso file to disc.

But, it is a different matter when you are dealing with AVCHD ISO Image or Blu-ray ISO Image. If the file size of the .iso image (in those cases) goes over 1 GB, then the disc player does not recognize the format when the .iso is taken to disc with ImgBurn or a comparable 3rd party software.

Have I referred you to the following on Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and ISO Image file size in prior posts?

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

ATR

• 23. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

victorcharlesiii

Please remind me which Movie Menu theme you are using. This may be a menu issue rather than an ISO Image issue or both.

There are several flawed Movie Menu themes out there. The recently reported ones that I have written fixes for are

For version 13/13.1....

Glass Flowers - that seemed to be button highlight issue.

News Reel - that seems to be an issue with the (%) video layer in the theme's scene selection .psd file.

For 12/12.1

Pan and Zoom - working on this one which is turning out to be more than just an aspect ratio issue

If you do a burn to folder or disc and use the same menu, does the scene button issue present?

ATR

• 24. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                                        victorcharlesiii Level 1

I'm using the Pan and Zoom Slideshow theme- I like it because it's simple. I've used this theme for other successful burns where the Scene buttons showed up just fine. I just tried a new burn with my project- the Scene buttons showed up this time but now there was a new problem that I've never experienced before- both Scene buttons were configured to be Motion Menu Buttons, but once burned and played, the buttons are still images and there is no motion. Also, the Main Menu background was set to a video, which worked before, but now in this burn it, too, was a still. At least I'm able to build a menu that will function. It's kinda strange though that these odd little bugs keep popping up seemingly randomly.

• 25. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                                          victorcharlesiii Level 1

Oh, also, there is a strange behavior in the DVD playback that is minor but annoying- when the DVD playback is first started, the entire screen first appears as entirely green for about a second, then the Main Menu graphics sort of tile in. Same thing happens when a Scene Button is selected- before the Scene is played, the screen goes entirely green for a second (or in one instance, one of my Scenes started with a grey-colored screen) and then the Scene tiles in.

• 26. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

victorcharlesiii

Are you still starting with the burn to ISO Image and then obtaining the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with ImgBurn or have you gone over

to a complete burn to disc DVD-VIDEO on DVD workflow with just Premiere Elements?

Please let us know if you change any of the burn to details. Your follow ups will be particularly interesting in view of all the troubleshooting activities going on these days with Premiere Elements DVD and movie menus.

I will have more information to post on the Pan and Zoom Movie Menu theme in the next several days.

Thanks.

ATR

• 27. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                                              aperture14 Level 1

ATR,

That's the problem -- I can't burn an iso, not through burn a DVD nor through selecting the iso 4G option. I can only get a .prel. I can also make a mpeg and a mp4. I'm guessing that I have to convert those to an avi to burn a disk in imgburn, but I haven't figured that out yet. I will look at your troubleshooting list for iso. But if Adobe says that function is broken, then I don't see why tinkering on my computer would fix it.

• 28. Re: Issue burning DVD in premiere elements 13
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

aperture14

What about burn to Folder (4.7 GB) if not ISO Image or Disc?

Just in case I misunderstood what you wrote....ImgBurn will burn files to disc. However, it will not create DVD-VIDEO files or Blu-ray's BDMV Folder. If you give it DVD-VIDEO files or BDMV Folder, it should put them on the disc in the right disc file system to give you a disc playable on the appropriate player. But, if you give it a MPEG2.mpg file or a DV.avi file, it will put that on a DVD disc as a MPEG2.mpg file or a DV.AVI file.

ATR