0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2014 1:44 PM by VVCepheiA

Be Careful about Students Plan

VVCepheiA

On the sign up link (https://creative.adobe.com/plans?store_code=us), there are ONLY ANNUAL PLANS for students. However, in the terms (Adobe - Subscription Terms), it says that if you cancel within the first 30 days, we'll give you a full refund. Otherwise, you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation.

It means that if you ever sign up for the student plan and didn't cancel within 30 days, you have to pay the full $145 for that years otherwise you will lose $70. There are NO month-to-month subscription links provided, and there are no warnings about the cancelation fee for the student plan.

Other companies like AutoCAD, Github, Jetbrains, CrowdFlower(normally $2,500/month), provide free membership for students but to the contrary, Adobe doesn't provide month-to-month plan for students (only students, other products have monthly plan). I respect the great products but I don't think this is fair for students and I don't think the misleading plan signup try is what a legit company should do. However, those are just my personal opinions, I am here to inform all students because I feel obligated to, in case other students ends up in my unfortunate situation: after contacting the "contact", still stuck with the one year subscription.