Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Website Design & ReCaptcha

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working on a website that features a responsive design. We're currently using ReCaptcha in the Contact Form and on a desktop it appears fine but on a mobile platform, like an iPhone 5S, it's stretching the web form out of the boundaries it's meant to be limited to, causing the rest of the form to extend as well.

Is there a way to adjust the ReCaptcha module so that it adjusts its size on mobile devices and appears correctly?

I've found ways to "create" a responsive ReCaptcha (i.e.: http://jaicab.com/responsive-reCAPTCHA/) however that requires access to the code which we don't.

Let me know if there's anything that we can do.

Thanks

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

You can override the CSS on recaptcha and run media queries etc. So you can manipulate it in that sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution won't work as you know because we don't have access.

You can inspect and override the captcha CSS. I have done that in some cases to make it look correct with a site. Can take some time to do but is possible with BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can override the CSS on recaptcha and run media queries etc. So you can manipulate it in that sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got mine to work with: div#recaptcha_area, div#recaptcha_table {zoom:.85; }

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will need a lot more then that to make it work properly on devices (not just scaling your browser window in 2 web browsers where zoom works), You end up with quite a lot of CSS overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , Congrats you all found the solution for Responsiveness of Re Captcha in Business Catalyst , No Do nt need to Worry Now , Just placed this Code in your Mobile View Media Query , and Everything will work Perfectly

@media screen and (max-width: 480px){

.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r4_c4,.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r1_c1,.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r2_c1,.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r2_c2,.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r3_c1,.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r3_c2,.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r3_c3,.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r4_c2,.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r4_c4,.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r7_c1,.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r8_c1{

background:none !important;}

.recaptchatable .recaptcha_image_cell{

background:none !important;}      

#recaptcha_image{

width:100% !important;}

#recaptcha_image img{

display: block !important;

height: auto !important;

max-width: 100%;

width: 100%;

}

.recaptchatable .recaptcha_r2_c1{

display:none;}

.recaptchatable td img {

display: block !important;

}  

#recaptcha_area, #recaptcha_table {

width: 100% !important;

}      

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having trouble Resizing {module_recaptcha version="2"}  for responsive site.

Tried CSS suggestion above but not changing size.

<div class="recaptcha_r2_c2">

<label>Please Help Prevent Robot Attacks <span class="req">â—†</span></label>                                    

{module_recaptcha version="2"}

</div>

Please advise

Thanks, Willz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines