1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 2:19 PM by Warunicorn

Another tablet question

Doc_Pit Level 1

I've read a few posts about tablets on the forum. This question is a little different. My impression is that there are “tablets” (e.g., iPad or Galaxy Note) that would allow me to go outside and sketch with a relatively light app like SketchBook, and there are “tablet/computers” (e.g., Surface 3 Pro and Cintiq Companion) that would allow me not only to sketch but also to run full-blown applications like Zbrush and Photoshop. However, I haven't found anything in either category that allows for replaceable batteries. To me, shelling out a thousand bucks or more for a machine w/o replaceable batteries doesn't make sense. (I know that's subjective.) Does anyone know of a device that has reasonable screen size (>= 10”), replaceable batteries, and a screen that at least allows for a decent sketching experience?

• 1. Re: Another tablet question
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I don't know of any mobile solution that allows for user-replaceable batteries, save for laptops. Tablets are seen as consumption devices for the most part, to be disposed of/recycled at their end-of-life, usually when the battery completely dies. It could be quite awhile for that to happen though. By the time the battery is ready to completely go, you may have already upgraded to another device/model.