1 2 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 3:35 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premiere elements 13 error

Kenerad Level 1

I have a problem with Adobe premiere elements 13, when in expert mode of the program and I import a MP4 clip from my Minecraft recordings (the recording mod I use is called camera studio mod) the problem is that it jitters, shakes vertically and I cant seem to fix it.

The file details are this

MP4

Length 00:00:18

Frame size - 1920x1018

Data rate - 1372kbps

total bitrate - 1372kbps

Frame rate - 11

I had the program around 2 to 3 weeks ago, did about 2 YouTube videos with it, and it worked fine. few days later after my second video, I try to work on another video (the cinematic intro) when I noticed it was shaking vertically so I deleted the clips I was going to use for the cinematic intro and I tried reimported them, which did not fix the problem.

After doing a few test with different Minecraft clips I use in my videos, I noticed problem only happens to the clips I'm using for my cinematic. Time-lapse clips work fine.

Next I interpreted the footage and changed its frame rate to 30, just like my time-lapse clips are ( my time-lapse clips are 1920x1018 running at 30 fps and worked fine). This slightly fixed the problem only it sped up the clip a lot which was not the solution I was looking for.

Lastly I tried to stabilize the clip but I came with this error "Stabilizer requires clip dimensions to match project setting. Create a new project." so I tried to do what it recommend me to do, create a new project, and that didn't work, I even tried it in different settings, and still every single one did not work.

Please help me, I like to get back to making YouTube videos, a fast good reply would be appreciated a lot. Thanks

• 1. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

I suspect that the reason the Shake Stabilizer is not working relates to it wanting to work with imported clips whose properties agree with the project preset.

Unless your posted information is a typing mistake, your 1920 x 1018 frames size is not an Adobe one. The classical frame size is 1920 x 1080. So it would appear that you are at an impasse with the Shake Stabilizer and stabilizing your Adobe size atypical 1920 x 1018 video. Does your recording device allow you to record 1920 x 1080 video?

Have you sought 3rd party video stabilizing software? What computer operating system are you using? Do you have Movie Maker 2012? If you have that on Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit, it has a video stabilizer that you might tryout for your purposes.

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
            Kenerad Level 1

Thank you for the reply

The mod I use to record does not allow me to set the frame size to record, it seems to record the window of my application (Minecraft), my monitor is 1920 by 1080 and going full screen in (Minecraft while recording) might fix the problem.

I do have movie maker 2012, (had lots of quality problems with that including glitches) its actually why I bought adobe premiere elements to begin with, so I could have better video quality.

I don't have a 3rd party stabilizing software. The operating system I'm using is windows 7.

I'm not sure if the frame size had anything to do with the shaking of the screen since, I previously did not have this problem with other clips with the same frame size.

Is there a way to adjust the frame size in adobe premiere elements? if so could you tell me how I would greatly appreciate it.

• 3. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

Thank you for the further details.

In my prior post at that stage, I was not suggesting that the screen shaking was related to frame size. My pointing to frame size was related to the Shake Stabilizer requiring a project preset (stipulates the frame size in the project settings) that matches the properties of the source file that you want it to stabilize.)

The frame size is established in the setting of the project preset. You cannot change that once it has been established. Once the file is imported into the project, you can scale it in the Edit area monitor to fit the space in the Edit area monitor that was established by the setting of the project preset. However, I have not found that Shake Stabilizer will accept that image scaling as a substitute for its requirement for project preset that matches properties of source to be stabilized.

Please explore going full screen for your recording to determine if the is a possible resolution to the Shake Stabilizer and related issues.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                Kenerad Level 1

Thank again for the reply

I tried the full screen, and it helped with the shake stabilizer problem that would tell this "Stabilizer requires clip dimensions to match project setting. Create a new project" but using this feature only made it very warped and slightly still shaky.

But when getting rid of the shake stabilizer after trying it I would still see the shaking or jittering of the screen.

I don't know why.

clip details -

Length - 00:00:40

Frame - 1920x1080

Data rate - 7154kbps

Total bitrate - 7154kbps

Frame rate - 21

• 5. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

How much installed and available RAM does your computer have and how much free hard drive space does your computer have?

Are you seeing a variance in level of jitter dependent on the size of the file? Are those cinematic files larger than others types that are working for you?

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                    Kenerad Level 1

my ram is 8.00 GB and my hard drive space is 223 GB with 77.2 GB

no the video size from this mod depends on the length and the cinematic ones are shorter and smaller, and they still shaker or jitter, on the other hand time-lapse clips are longer clips and are slightly larger but do not shake or jitter.

the frame rates in the cinematic clips are lower than the time-lapse clips though, if this is a clue to what is going on.

• 7. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

What is the frame rate of the cinematic clips? And, progressive or interlaced?

ATR

• 8. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                        Kenerad Level 1

The rate ranges from 10 to 20 fps, and they all seems to jitter, old ones that worked fine before and new ones.

I don't know if its progressive or interlaced is there an easy way to tell? Its in a mp4 file format so I'm not sure what that has to do with it.

• 9. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                          ADadrian Level 1

I am also using this software for youtube. Do you have an elgato capture card?

• 10. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                            ADadrian Level 1

If you let youtube stabilize your video dont ever do that again. cause the same thing happen to me and i watch the original video and it was just fine. so dont let youtube stabilize  your videos.  

• 11. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

ADadrian

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

You say that you are using "this software for youtube"? Does that mean that you are using Minecraft for recording of your videos that are imported into some version of Premiere Elements for upload to YouTube?

If so, are you confirming the jittery video that Kenerad is reporting for the cinematic footage and are you saying that you have found a way to get rid of that jitter?

ATR

• 12. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

Just some clarification in light of ADadrian's contributions to your thread.

It is my understanding that the jitter that you are reporting for the cinematic footage was before you ever got to YouTube with it. So, video stabilization by YouTube should not be a factor at the level of troubleshooting that we have been discussing. In other words, I am understanding that video stabilizer is not causing the problem but it is not helping if it is used as a tool to try to get rid of the jitter.

Question...What is the difference and relationship between "Camera Studio Mod" and "cinematic"?

It will be interesting to learn more of ADatrian's experiences with Minecraft and Premiere Elements.

ATR

• 13. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                  Kenerad Level 1

Thank you for the reply's.

ADadrian I do not have elgato video capture device, in fact I have a Minecraft mod called "Camera Studio Mod" which always to set camera path points in a Minecraft world and record Cinematic's and time-lapse clips, which I turn around and use adobe premiere to make YouTube videos with

ATR the difference and relationship between "Camera Studio Mod" and "cinematic" is I use the Mod to set camera paths in a Minecraft world and record footage from those points, or I can just record without the camera points, the clip, it always comes in two forms, Cinematic or Time-lapse. Cinematic is a not speed up and recorded in real-time, over a traveled camera path. A Time-lapse is recorded over a period of time say like 30 mins, and is speed up to show a faster speed of the clip over a traveled camera path. I hope this helps understand the difference between the Cinematic, and Time-lapse clips.

Time-Lapse example ------>   Movie maker was used in this one

Cinematic example -------->    Movie maker was used in this one

• 14. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                    Kenerad Level 1

Reply when you can as soon as possible I'm two weeks behind on my video schedule.

Thanks for the reply before hand though

• 15. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                      Kenerad Level 1

Here is exactly what I mean by jittering and the difference between cinematic clip and the time-lapse clip

• 16. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                        ADadrian Level 1

KENDERAD i was wondering if you have ever did a commentary cause i am having trouble lining up my narration with video. could you help me?

• 17. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                          Kenerad Level 1

Umm to be honest I never have done commentary, I'm going to try to start here soon. I'm probably not going to be that great but, all I can say is I don't know much about lining up commentary other than make sure your well informed on the topics you bring up and don't stutter a lot that's all I can think of (I'm guessing). but I do plenty about lining music if you ever want to do a channel trailer or just some epic video (I do know for a fact).

just need my adobe fixed so I can go back to making videos.

• 18. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                            Kenerad Level 1

ATR could you reply when you get the chance I'm still having the same problem and there's nothing I can find to fix it

• 19. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

I have been having bad telephone line and Internet connection problems with my computer. So, I have not been able to get a good view of your

samples that you have posted. I am going to try again this evening to see if the lines are better.

I was thinking about what next...video stabilization does not seem to be the answer. I was thinking about Field Options, but....

What are the benefits of the cinematic look to your projects. Can you replace that with any other mode of operation to get a similar or

alternatively acceptable result?

To be continued...hopefully this evening. Need to do an Internet check.

ATR

• 20. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                Kenerad Level 1

thank you for the reply, I'm sorry to hear that about your internet.

the cinematic looks are usually the same look as the raw clip I just add music and transitions, I'm trying to keep the settings the same as before, because before there was not a bug and they were the same as they are now.

• 21. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

I have looked at your YouTube videos which demonstrate the different look of your Time Lapse versus Cinematic (videos produced with Movie Maker and not Premiere Elements). I think that I am OK with that now.

There was one ray of hope in a prior post when you wrote about improvement in the Cinematic by using Interpret Footage to increase the frame rate. But, the down side to that appeared to be an unwanted "fast motion" effect.

In Premiere Elements 13 there should be an fx Effect = Time/Posterize Time. What happens if do not use Interpret Footage and instead you apply that Posterize Time Effect to your Cinematic clip and then adjust the effect for frame rate in the Posterize Time Panel expanded under Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Posterize Panel expanded?

ATR

• 22. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                    Kenerad Level 1

Thank you for the reply

Sadly nothing happened and it did not change the jittering screen, or shaking screen.

Is there anything else I should try? Should I try reinstalling it to see if that fixes it or a repair install? if so how would I do that correctly?

• 23. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

Thanks for the reply. Sorry that the news was not better.

Please remind me, have you ever gotten any of your Cinematic clips to display (rendered Timeline) without the shake/jitter in the Edit area of Premiere Elements?

If not,  you could try the uninstall/free ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. I would definitely not go for a Repair. I have never

had any success with Repair option for a variety of troubleshooting situations. There are scattered reports about the uninstall/reinstall approach working to get rid of blurry DVD-VIDEO disc products. But, I have not come across this as a solution for the type of problem that you are presenting. So, I am not really expecting the uninstall/reinstall approach to work.

Does this cinematic lend itself to be converted to H.264.mp4 in a program such as HandBrake? Did we ever establish whether or not your video is recorded with a variable frame rate?

If you think it would be any help, I would offer to work with a small sample of your cinematic clip if you post it via a Dropbox line in one of your replies in this thread.

ATR

• 24. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                        Kenerad Level 1

Thank you for the reply, I will try to reinstall it and see what happens, ill let you know if that fixes them problem.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by H.264.mp4, is that the format the recording are saved as? I do remember it does save as MP4 file formats and there options to change the from the default which is (H264.mp4) to (FFV1 no mp4 "mp3 audio, avi only") or (FFVHUFF no mp4 "mp3 audio, avi only") in my mod that always me to record seen in my videos.

I'm not sure id using handbrake would help as if the default that all my clips are filmed in previously are (H264 mp4) this includes the ones I also used in Adobe he first two weeks I had this very user friendly program.

if you have any other suggestions to fix the problem let me know thanks.

• 25. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

Each file typically uses video and audio compression which is contained in a container/wrapper format which = its file extension.

In the case of H.264.mp4, that is a file that uses H.264 video compression with a container/wrapper format of .mp4.

When your video is being recorded, we know that it has the .mp4 file extension (container/wrapper format). But what does it

use for video compression, H.264 or something else? Sounds like you are using H.264.mp4.

Sending the your video through HandBrake (even H.264.mp4 in and H.264.mp4) out may be a consideration. But, let us see

how the uninstall/reinstall goes. I am not expecting that to be the breakthrough, but I would be very pleased if it is.

Before you do the uninstall/reinstall, maybe give a try to deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that does not work, the

whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the 13.0 Folder, is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Did you ever get cinematic to work in any prior version of Premiere Elements? Or was 13 the first Premiere Elements version that you used?

If all else fails, is Movie Maker your only way to get the task done at this time?

ATR

• 26. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                            Kenerad Level 1

Thank you for the reply,

I will let you if the reinstall works ill be trying that in the morning, about the Prefs file, I did delete it and nothing changed with the problem.

No this is the first version of adobe I'm using and it was very good when I was using it the first 3 weeks before this problem occurred.

I prefer not to use Movie maker because it never saves correctly and is very buggy, plus I cant make my ending thumbnail where my subscribers, and viewers can click links to subscribe or watch another video which is why I like adobe because I can do that.

I can wait but I do plan on doing some Christmas videos I really hope this reinstall works, thanks I appreciate the reply's, ill let you know if the problem is fixed after I reinstall it tomorrow.

• 27. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

So you are saying that the cinematic did work before in Premiere Elements 13?

Is there any possibility that something changed in your recording settings? I suspect you been over and over that.

We can get free new installation files for 13 to see if that makes a difference. But, let us hope for the best with the uninstall/reinstall

tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 28. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                Kenerad Level 1

I reinstalled it but have a new problem, my adobe its opening in video editor. and every time I click new project it ask me to sign in and accept the rules and terms, I do and then it just takes minutes to load before it gives up and goes right back to where I started when I opened the shortcut. it does it every time to.

can you tell me how to fix this so I can see if the original problem is fixed?

• 29. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

The reinstall of Premiere Elements 12 can be highly problematic. Been through that.

Please give the following a try to see if any of those solutions work for you -

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-sign-in-failure-connect-to.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

When you did the uninstall reinstall, did you go the route uninstall, free ccleaner run through, reinstall with

antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

ATR

• 30. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                    Kenerad Level 1

Thank you for the reply, I will retry the reinstall because it dawned on me that I forgot to turn the anti virus, and firewall off. I will let you know the results if it doesn't work I will try one of the solutions above.

• 31. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                      Kenerad Level 1

I reinstalled it, had my dad fix the endless Log in screen, and now when I imported a (cinematic clip) the same problem is still there. is there anything else you can think of that could fix this?

• 32. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

Sorry that the news was not better about the cinematic, but very glad you were able to sign into Premiere Elements after the reinstall.

I will be traveling for several hours, but I will think about this some more.

Have you ruled out the possibility of converting the file to another format but with the cinematic look?

ATR

• 33. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                          Kenerad Level 1

No I haven't right now the H264 mp4 format is the only format with video from my mod that it is saved as.

Is there anything I can do in adobe to possibly try to fix this problem?

• 34. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

Sorry for the delayed reply. My travels took me further than I thought. But, I was thinking Minecraft and cinematic all the way.

Before your thread, I had never run into the program and did not realize how widespread its use is.

There are several articles on smoothness issues in this regard. From what you have written, Movie Maker seems to help you.

Please remind me, what was the major factor that drew you to Premiere Elements for editing of these recordings?

I had hoped that the frame rate adjusts in Premiere Elements might have lessen the problems. But that was not the case. And, the

video stabilizer was no help in this regard. In what you are doing now, besides the time lapse and cinematic recordings, is there a "normal" mode. How feasible is it to record in the "normal" mode and then give the recording a cinematic look in Premiere Elements, if you must use Premiere Elements in your work?

Also, what happens if you rename just the file extension of the Minecraft recording from .mp4 to .mov, and then import that H.264.mov into Premiere Elements instead of the H.264.mp4?

Just some thoughts for now. Because of it popularity, I might be looking into first hand use of the program in conjunction with Premiere Elements in the near future.

ATR

• 35. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                              Kenerad Level 1

Thank you for your reply, yes it is a smoothness problem and I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to my video quality, so see its not smooth bugs me a lot.

The reason I came to Premiere elements is because I had been using camtasia free full trial for a month on my videos to the point where the trial was done, I was in a rush and I needed to buy something for my Halloween video, that was comsumer friendly (this was) and something I could use a lot (it was), something I could also do ending thumbnails, which if you would like a link to what that looks like here's one below

This problem had all that, and I really liked it, I had no problems until two days after this video, witch was the second one I made with adobe premiere elements.

I haven't been really changing much in my recording methods because they don't really show problems in other programs like movie maker and this also showed no signs of bugs in adobe the first two weeks I had been using it with the clips I record in this method.

The "normal" mode isn't normal if I'm using the Minecraft mod to do this, but I haven't tried using other recording devices like (fraps) "a more normal mode" and import those to see if they come up with the same problem. I will try that tonight or tomorrow to see what the results are.

I'm trying the rename the file, you suggested as well ill see what happens as well.

ill let you know the results of both test tomorrow. Thanks

• 36. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                                Kenerad Level 1

Ive tried fraps, and the .mov and I learned this much.

Any video that has a frame of 1920 by 1018 and below the 30 fps mark will shake. Doesn't matter what type of file or what I record it with if it fits those aspects it will shake.

So fraps will not fix it, and changing it to .mov wont either.

So how do I fix this? If it worked fine before in these settings but wont now.

• 37. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

Let us recap for a moment...

Did you ever get good results using Premiere Elements 13 and specifically the cinematic output from Minecraft?

You seem to have suggested that at the beginning of your thread. If that were the case, we are in a "worked before but

not now situation" rather than "it never worked before".

Assuming "worked before but not now situation"

a. Can you think of anything different in the before cinematic build (good) versus the after cinematic build (jitters)?

b. Have you attempted to uninstall/reinstall Premiere Elements 13 (with a free ccleaner run through between the uninstall

and reinstall to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs reinstalls)?

c. Have you considered downloading and installing a tryout of a Premiere Elements version earlier than 13 to determine

if it is more supportive of the cinematic footage? In this regard, you could download and install the tryout of Premiere Elements 11 or 12

and test your cinematic footage in it.

for version 11

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-11-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l

for version 12

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

In either case, you need to read and carry out the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" in order to avoid

Access Denied message.

Please let us know if any of the above works for you at all.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Were any of the Minecraft Forums of assistance in this matter?

• 38. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                                    Kenerad Level 1

I'm extremely sorry but last night when I was just thinking about this problem I realized this, I never used the cinematic clips as a raw file in adobe premiere elements, so this problem must have been there before, im happy to say that I can use movie maker like I did before to save the raw clips into 1920 by 1080 and better fps to make my videos.

I am very please with the results with premiere elements 13.

answering your questions

a. yes the quality was better, and the picture was shaper rather than when it jitters at those dimension I previously mentioned to you

b. yes we did and that did not fix the problem.

c. no I haven't tried but I don't mind using movie maker for the moment for now, I will try that this weekend if I have time before my finals.

I'm so glad I could finally figure out that this problem had to be there when I was making my first two videos.

I'll be making a video today so if you would like to see the quality from me (saving the raw clips in movie maker then using them in premiere elements) I'll post the link later, thanks for your support on this current going problem I hope we can resolve this soon.

• 39. Re: Adobe premiere elements 13 error
                                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Kenerad

Thanks for the good news of progress.

We are looking forward of learning of your results from saving the raw (cinematic) clips in Movie Maker and then using them in Premiere Elements 13. I am assuming that you are bring the clips from Movie Maker into Premiere Elements 13 as H.264.mp4.

Best wishes with your finals as well as with your Minecraft projects.

ATR

1 2 Previous Next