I thnk we need screen shots of the master pages with frame edges showing and of the pages panel before and after.
I tried to replicate what you are doing, and what I got wasn't correct, but it wasn't what you were getting either. I'm using CS5.5, so it may be different in different versions, or it may be the way you and I set up the document, but I don't think this is how most users would prefer it worked.
To start, I made a new document with 1 facing master. I put a large light blue frame in the outside corner, and a smaller dark blue frame over it. I copied the objects to the outside corner of other page of the master spread and nudged all of the objects into the pasteboard for bleed.
I then made a new master, based on Master A. In order to make the light blue frames smaller on the B Master, I had to release them, the way you would release master objects on a document page. Is this what you had to do as well?
When I went to the document pages and started applying the B Master, it worked as I expected when B was applied to page 2:
…and it also worked as I expected when I applied B to page 3:
…so they both work when two different masters are applied to the same document spread when B is on the left, but when I applied A to the left (and kept B applied to the right), here's what I got:
So it seems that you are getting something different from what I am getting, but neither is what we might expect. I don't know why, but Peter is pretty good at sorting this kind of thing out. I assume it has something to do with the fact that the upper right corner of an object is what InDesign uses to determine which page an object is assigned to. That is why, for example, when you place an object that spans two pages of a spread, and then move that page to a different location in the page count, the object sticks to the left page instead of the right (because the top left corner of the object is naturally on the left page of the spread).
Because the objects on the left page of the master spread are on the pasteboard, there seems to be some confusion as to where they belong, but most likely (for me, at least) it's because the light blue object on Master B was released from Master A. As a workaround of sorts, I was able to make it work by not basing Master B on Master A. Instead, I copied the items from Master A, pasted them in place on Master B, and changed the size of the light blue frames. When applied to the document pages, I got this:
…which is what I expected. There is some downside, in that you can't change all of the items of both masters by editing them on Master A alone, but editing a second master page isn't that much of a problem for me. I hope that helps.
Thanks for your detailed response.
The Issue is working fine with CS4 and while migrating to CS6 I faced this problem.
As you mentioned if we create B master based on none and copy the rquired content to B master, it will work fine.
But I badly required B master based on A master, because the footer and header data i change in A master need to be updated throughout the document.
Do you only have A Master and B Master, or are there many masters based on A Master? If you had 10 or 20 masters, I could see it being a problem, but I guess I don't understand how changing something twice is really a big problem. Sorry I can't give you a solution, but I hope you get it sorted.
Its not a matter of changing, it was working fine with the lower versions and not in the higher versions.
Sorry, I was talking about changing the content on the master page twice, not changing the program. I understand that you are saying that it worked one way in an earlier version, but works differently now. That's true of many things. If there was a way around, I would tell you, but since I don't know, I hope someone else does.
I don't think I have much more to add here. You've done a very thorough job of testing and analysis. There are similar problems in CC2014 and I'd say it's a bug (and for what it's worth, my experience in the past was that objects were considered to be on the left if 50% or more was to the left of the spine, but if more than 50% of the area was on the right they stayed on the right page).
Here's how I think you can work around it:
Create master A with just text frames (no fill) for headers and footers. I used three layers, putting the text on the top layer.
Create B master based on A, and add your filled frames as on your original A master. I put the dark one on Layer 2, the light on layer one, but I don't think that's strictly necessary.
Create C Master, also based on A. I copied the filled frames from B and pasted in place, then adjusted the height of the light frames.
Not tested in CS6, but it does work in CC 2014, and updating the header text on Master A propagates to the document pages correctly.
Thanks Peter for your valuable comments, I made a script for solving my current issue. but I feel this is a major bug, because master page concept itself changing.