4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 10:11 AM by Sallyh

How do I save work in progress on my iPad?

Sallyh

The answer to this is probably really obvious but I am worried that I will lose work in progress, simply because I do not know where to store it on my iPad. This morning I lost about 20 minutes of work, rather randomly (what I mean is that the app suddenly closed and my artwork reverted back to an earlier stage when I opened it up again). I do not want to publish it at this stage, I want to do is either save/store it as work in progress.

Any tips?

• 1. Re: How do I save work in progress on my iPad?
          Frank Stokes-Guinan Adobe Employee

Adobe Draw will save your drawing anytime you hit the home button or exit back out to the organizer view. It also will back it up to your Creative Cloud account if you are online.

Sorry to hear about the crash you experienced and lost work. If you haven't done so already, make sure you have picked up the latest version of Draw (v 1.0.1), which addresses numerous bugs that inadvertently shipped in the 1.0 release.

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering

• 2. Re: How do I save work in progress on my iPad?
            Sallyh Level 1

Thanks Frank for your reply and advice.

I had become accustomed to Adobe Ideas and reliant on the option of being able to save a duplicate copy of something that I was working on so that if  I wanted to backtrack on an idea then I could revert to a previous version (with all of the layers saved and remaining editable). Also that I could visualise these saved versions in thumbnail images when I opened up Ideas.

In Draw, I don't see where those equivalent  thumbnail versions are located and also don't see how to save duplicate  files (with all of their layers).

Could you give me some steer?

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: How do I save work in progress on my iPad?
              Frank Stokes-Guinan Adobe Employee

In Adobe Draw, drawings are organized into projects. Currently, you can duplicate individual drawings but you cannot duplicate entire projects.

To duplicate a drawing in Adobe Draw, do the following steps:

1. In the "organizer" view, tap the edit project button in the project header (top-right button, looks like a pencil on top of a blank square).

2. Select the drawing (or drawings) you want to duplicate by tapping on them.

3. Tap the duplicate button in the project header (looks like two squares with a '+' on the top square).

4. Tap the check mark in the project header to exit edit project "mode." (Or tap anywhere outside the project area.)

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering

• 4. Re: How do I save work in progress on my iPad?
                Sallyh Level 1

Brilliant! Thanks so much, it works!

Sally Hopper