9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 8:16 AM by A.T. Romano

where to find my question from 11-17-2014

adopeter

This:

Premiere Elements 13, Organiser OK, Editor freeze from start.

Ver. 13 has been installed and uninstalled several times, all with the same result.

Install has been with and without the installed ver 11 (works).

OS win 7 64bit 6 gB RAM, QUAD CORE, plenty of space. Nvidia Geforce GT 220. DirextX 11.

Quicktime is updated too.

Problem:

Same problem for new and existing (updated) projects.

There is no reaction from anything at the workspace but the File, Edit Clip ... menu, but it is useless.

You can Add media from the File menu and it is visibly at the timeline.

Thats all, there is nothing You can do after that.

When I close the program (only way is via the File menu) it asks for Saving.

OK, I have ver 11 which works fine...but

Yours

Peter

• 1. Re: where to find my question from 11-17-2014
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

When looking at Activities of your ID adopeter or looking under Discussions, I do see any question from you dated 11-17-2014.

Could you have posted that question in an Adobe Forum other than Adobe Premiere Elements?

Premiere Elements 13 and Photoshop Elements 13 are standalone programs, each coming with the Elements Organizer 13. When

they are installed on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 13.

All that being said, please explore the following....

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Elements Organizer 13

and, in the Elements Organizer 13 Folder, scroll down to the file names specifically PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe.

Right click the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe file and select Run As Administrator.

Then double click the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe file and determine if it opens and works for you.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....It appears to me that Elements Organizer 11 is 32 bit - Elements Organizer 13 is new and 64 bit.

• 2. Re: where to find my question from 11-17-2014
            adopeter Level 1

Hey, Thanks for your answer.

But, my problem is the Premiere Elements Editor.

I have no Photoshop Elements (but I use Photoshop CS4) and no PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe file

Organiser works fine it seems.

I have no plan using it.

Yours

Peter

• 3. Re: where to find my question from 11-17-2014
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

Sorry. I misread your question to read an Elements Organizer rather than Premiere Elements problem. My oversight.

Focusing on Premiere Elements 13 Editor....

a. Is your Nvidia Geforce GT 220 video card/graphics card version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

b. If the card is up to date, delete the BadDrivers.txt file.

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the Premiere Elements Folder, you may find some folders. You do not want anything in those folders in the Premiere Elements Folder. Instead you want to delete the BadDrivers.txt file that is in the Premiere Elements Folder. It sits outside the folders that you see there.

What Windows Theme do you use for your computer...Aero one or one under Basic and High Contrast?

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: where to find my question from 11-17-2014
                adopeter Level 1

Hi again

Sorry, no succes.

1. I updated the driver from june 2014 to a new from 29.07.2014, ver. 340.52.(+ Reboot)

2. There is no BadDrivers.txt in any of the Adobe folders.

3. I use no theme, but just one of my own pictures as background.

Yours

Peter

• 5. Re: where to find my question from 11-17-2014
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

Thanks for the update and following through on all the troubleshooting. Sorry that the core of the issue

has not surfaced yet.

That BadDrivers.txt file should have been there. Are your computer Folder Options set for Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drivers. Because of the way you described your menu situation, I am curious about the video card/graphics card environment. Deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file might help to rule in or out such speculations.

Are you within 30 days of purchase of Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe direct? If so, please keep close watch on the timing as we

move through troubleshooting. If an answer cannot be found, you can request your money back from Adobe within that time frame only.

But, moving forward...have you considered trying to work with a different source of Premiere Elements 13 files? You can obtain tryout 13 files from the following web site and insert your purchased serial number into them at installation.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-13-direct-download-links-premiere.html

With this route, you need to read and carry out carefully the web page's "Note: Very Important Instructions" in order to avoid an Access Denied message.

In your installs uninstalls, have you included the free ccleaner to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs reinstalls?

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Have you attempted to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat about this issue? Adobe Chat can offer remote control of computer troubleshooting whereas we cannot. It may not do this for all cases, but it is a possibility. If we get to this, I will post the link to Chat Panel.

ATR

• 6. Re: where to find my question from 11-17-2014
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

I just wrote the following in the thread of another tonight with a Premiere Elements 13 issue. As a just in case note, consider the following excerpt from that other thread.....

it might be a good idea to get Adobe via its Adobe Chat involved, with the hope of some remote control of your computer troubleshooting to try to get to the core of the issue. Chat Panels have been hard to come by for some of these issues, but let us try this route.

Please click on the following link

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID and signing in

Adobe ID, sign in, and account help

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

ATR

• 7. Re: where to find my question from 11-17-2014
                      adopeter Level 1

Hi again

Now I did as before.

1. Uninstall

2. clean with Ccleaner

3. reboot

4. Deactivate all security. Virus, Firewall, program control...

5. Install ver 13 downloaded from Prosigntools

6. When starting ver 13 I got an updater notice about a new Camera Raw, but I could not even update.

The buttons did not work. I could close it ! Ver 13 was as before inactive.

Now I will do as You say. I wil try the chat.

Yours

Peter

• 8. Re: where to find my question from 11-17-2014
                        adopeter Level 1

Hi ATR

It was my Wacom pen.

All is good with a ordinary mouse.

Adobe Chat found out.

Thanks

• 9. Re: where to find my question from 11-17-2014
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

Many thanks for your update. Great contribution and job by you and Adobe Chat.

There have been several questions lately about the use of Wacom pen and tablet in Premiere Elements.

I have a very early model (Wacom Graphire 3) that I installed just to troubleshoot for another...Windows 7 64 bit and Premiere Elements 11, 12. The pen function was comparable to that of the mouse. No freezes related to Premiere Elements. My problem was related to daily pop up messages about reinstalling the Wacom driver. I have since uninstalled the Wacom pen and tablet.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR