• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading SCO to Connect, .zip file not recognized?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Articulate Storyline 2, packaging as a swf/html5 compliant SCO using SCORM 2004 v.4. When I test the file at SCORM Cloud, the manifest is good and the project launches without issue. When I take the same file and attempt to load it to Connect, the system reports an error - "file format not recognized" I have no idea where to go with this - the Articulate site and this site have no ther instances of this issue - anyone? anyone? Bueller?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Success - not with Storyline 2 - that's another story entirely - but we got the boss to junk it and let us run Cp8 - all is well and our stuff is playing nice with our client LMS!

As far as Storyline 2 - the publishing options don't include the AICC conversion wrapper necessary to run correctly on a pre-Connect 9 LMS configuration, so even publishing in AICC, you get mixed results saying the course is in progress and complete at the same time. The solution that was finally useful came from Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the resolution to this issue after further digging on the Storyline forums;

http://www.articulate.com/support/storyline/how-to-track-articulate-content-in-adobe-connect

http://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/trying-to-use-storyline-with-adobe-...

Just one of those weird little things when dealing with LMS variations

justenuf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dammit... did the linked stuff and waited to hear the good news - instead: "Error - unable to acquire LMS API, content may noyt play properly and results may not be recorded. Please contact technical support."

Anyone? I know the answer is to dump Storyline 2 and run Cp8, but that's not in my power... How can I slap a patch somewhere to get these to play nice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I know just enough about Articulate and Presenter to be dangerous, so I'll reply.

Do you happen to have Adobe Presenter 7? I'm not sure about Storyline specifically but I know that with Adobe Presenter 7, you can edit files from Articulate Presenter 8, which can then be uploaded into Connect. Not sure if this is possible with Adobe Presenter 8+, but, it's still in the help files.

http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/using/creating-presentations.html

Now, I do know of some people who did directly upload Articulate Presenter courses directly to Connect without issue. I'll ask though - have you tried setting the content to track for AICC? I would recommend that,then republish.

Lauren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success - not with Storyline 2 - that's another story entirely - but we got the boss to junk it and let us run Cp8 - all is well and our stuff is playing nice with our client LMS!

As far as Storyline 2 - the publishing options don't include the AICC conversion wrapper necessary to run correctly on a pre-Connect 9 LMS configuration, so even publishing in AICC, you get mixed results saying the course is in progress and complete at the same time. The solution that was finally useful came from Andrew Chemey at Adobe, who sent a zip file that allowed me to package a SCORM 2004 published storyline file in a wrapper that communicated with the AICC based Connect 8 LMS. we wrapped up all our courses built in Storyline 2 in that wrapper, posted them up to the LMS, and officially retired the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's very good news! I'm glad too that Andrew passed that wrapper around your existing Storyline courses (and that you got to work with him directly, he is amazing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it safe to say that the Wrapper provided by Andrew in his 2009 thread (http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2009/01/scorm_tracking/) is the "same" wrapper provided above? I just started a new gig and use Articulate Storyline from my home studio, but have Captivate (wait for it) 6 at work... And we use Connect for our LMS needs. I'm guessing I'm going to run into the problems outlined above, and that it will be best for me to get used to using the wrapper, as I've already been told we're not updating Captivate - and knowing haters might hate here - I do prefer Articulate over Captivate 6. More recent versions of Captivate, well, I cannot yet say, because the budget won't let me make a comparison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines