1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 18, 2014 6:22 AM by Peter Spier

How did I set up my page titles!

garethirwin1234 Level 1

Hi guys.

This is going to sound very dumb, so I apologise but its one of these things I set up many moons ago like 3 years ago and have worked from the same template ever since. Thing is I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it, and its not trasnfering over to an A3 size that I need to create,

In essence on the master pages I have the title element, a text box in the type and style I want the title, the title is inside these <>

The words for the title however is entered into another text box which needs to sit at the top left of any page. In the main document I pull through this text box from the master and put the title in that text box that then changes the master page title element to the said text.

The reason for this was that some pages go on the same title for a number of pages and by doing this I could easily insert a page later on and it not get all screwed up for the contents etc. Its an elegant solution one of you guys showed me but for the life of me I cannot find it or remember how it works. Simply copying and pasting the various elements into a new document breaks how it works.

Any help for my cryptic confusion would be appreciated!