4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 8:10 AM by JFPhoton

Mac Pro technical specifications optimized for Photoshop and Premier Pro, yet affordable

MH_Schaumburg_IL

I will replace my old desktop Mac Pro with a new one.  I am looking for advice for the appropriate configuration choices for the new Mac Pro for use with the most current versions of Photoshop and Premier Pro.  This has to be balanced with a budget between $4000 to $6500.  I will use multiple hard drive storage for my files, but I am not asking for any advice for this,  My Photoshop use is for photo editing, with multiple images of at least 25MB files for panoramas and high dynamic range, and composites (have used Photoshop for 10 years).  I have not begun to use Premier Pro for video editing, but will primarily use it over the next 18 months to edit family home movies.

The primary technical questions are which GPU D300 or D500,  CPU speed and number of cores 4 or 6 or 8, and memory DDR3 ECC 12GB or 16GB or 32 GB or 64GB.

I have read various Internet articles and reviews of the Mac Pro, but find that I am unable to come up with a final choice.  One article stated that Adobe has designed its software to effectively use the new Mac Pro GPUs and CPU cores.

Thank you,

MIKE