3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2014 10:03 AM by JJMack

cropping and moving an image, CS5 on a Mac

lostintranslation

Hi,

I cropped, committed and saved an image to move to another image.  However, when I use the move tool to move the cropped image, the entire image moves, not just the cropped area.  How do I move just the cropped area to the other image?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: cropping and moving an image, CS5 on a Mac
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Check the options you use when making the crop. Did you have Photoshop delete the pixels  outside the crop area or have Photoshop retain them. It sounds like you did not have the crop tool set to delete pixels.

Capture.jpg

Photoshop support layers any size. When you crop and retain pixels. No pixels are deleted on any layer other then the background layer which is always canvas size for the background layer does not support  transparency.  The Background grows and shrinks to match canvas size.

To copy just the cropped area select the layers visible pixels copy to clipboard and paste them into your other document.

• 2. Re: cropping and moving an image, CS5 on a Mac
            lostintranslation Level 1

Screenshot 2014-11-18 12.29.36.png

Thank you for your reply.  I don't have the same display as you have, above is my screen view for cropping.  I don't understand or know how to "select the layers visible pixels copy to clipboard and past them into your other document"

• 3. Re: cropping and moving an image, CS5 on a Mac
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I'm use windows and like on a mac what options are available depend on the version of Photoshop your using.  Your screem capture looks like some old Photoshop version like CS2 Here is what crop looks like on my CS2 Photoshop install.

Capture.jpg

So lets start over with what version of Photoshop are you using?.